- ꕤ 12: LEGAL ADVISOR

"Welcome to the Chasm!"

A Millelith guard greeted you courteously, slightly startling you. You returned the salute and walked into the gated chasm. It was already noon when you arrived, though you left Wangshu Inn early in the morning.

"Do you know where Huangyan is? I'm with the Adventurer's Guild." You asked.

"Ah! Mr. Huangyan... Yes, hold on."

As you followed the man, you couldn't help but examine your surroundings. Your eyes were met with hues of brown and towering barricades of rocks. If you looked a little further down, you could see a pit of darkness. The underground mines.

The Chasm was one of the locations in the world of Teyvat that you'd like to not visit often. It was much more beautiful in the game and scarier in real life.

You wondered how the cast of Yanfei, Yelan, Shinobu, Itto, and Xiao managed to end up down there. Well, once you get home to your world, you'll play that quest immediately.

With a smile, you came across a serious-looking man. The soldier left you to be alone with Huanyang, the man who commissioned you.

"Ah, you must be the Adventurer the Guild sent. Here." The man handed you a letter sealed with red wax. The back read, To Miss Yanfei.

"Please give this to Yanfei, the legal advisor. She'll be in Liyue Harbor but I'm not sure exactly where. Here is your compensation."

After settling your payment with the businessman, you set off back to Liyue Harbor.

You strolled past the lush scenery of the nation, recognizing many landmarks. The tree where Azhdaha is buried, the Guizhong Ballista, Qingyun peak, and many more. You expected yourself to cry on the spot from the beauty of it all but the ache in your legs kept you in check.

The walk back to the Harbor was a long and quiet one. You wished you had your phone with you in Teyvat so you could fill in the silence — or at least have a companion by your side. You didn't feel lonely, per se. But such land, one with deep-rooted history and enchanting landscapes should be enjoyed with those you love.

But you digress, it's not what you should focus on.
If anything, you should be excited because you're meeting yet another character!

Oh, Shu is so gonna be jealous of me!

The gates of the city were coming into view, making your heart rate rise with excitement. You ran excitedly, the pain in your legs disappearing from the adrenaline.

By then, though, the sun had already sunk into the sea. The moon had taken over once more and taken its place in the sky. Most people were ready to go home, and so was the legal advisor.

Yanfei closed her book and rubbed her temples, standing up from her seat.

Fortunately for you, you caught sight of her just in time.

"Excuse me! Excuse me, Miss Yanfei!" You called, attempting to grab her attention. The pink-haired woman turned around, her eyes meeting with yours. Once again, you were starstruck.

"Woah, she is pretty." You muttered under your breath.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not taking any more clients during this hour—"

"Oh, I'm not a client! I was delivering a letter from Mr. Huangyan." You explained, catching your breath. Her eyes widened as she made an "O" shape with her mouth.

"Oh right! He did say he'll send me a letter."

You gave Yanfei the letter, which she read in front of you. She must have noticed your stare because she then placed the letter down and looked at you.

"Now, I haven't seen you around yet. Have you moved to Liyue recently? What's your name?" She asked with her arms crossed.

"I'm Y/N L/N. And uh, I'm..."

Should you tell her the truth? Should you not?

"Aha! Let me guess, you're not from this world."

She took the words right out of your mouth! You blinked and looked at the legal advisor, letting out a small laugh.

"That's... That's right. How'd you know?"

"Hmm... Call it intuition!" She gave you a small wink and handed you her business card.

"I want to talk with you when I'm not exhausted and busy. You seem to know something that I don't, and that has piqued my interest! But also, I want to introduce you to my services since you're new around here. Maybe tomorrow, let's have some tea." Yanfei offered with a big smile.

You had no idea if she intended to make friends or endorse her business... But you didn't mind! To make friends with a Genshin character in real life was more than ideal.

"Will do, Miss Yanfei."

"No need for honorifics! See you tomorrow, Y/N. Have a good night."

"You as well!"

After such a long day filled with prolonged moments of walking, you could finally go home. Well, back to your dwelling place. Home is where you're finally able to hold your phone again. And your father, of course.

Back at Wangshu Inn, Xiao had just finished purging an area crowded with monsters. He made his way back to the balcony to stay away from the mortals that lingered along the lobby.

Seems business is big tonight.

The Adeptus listened to the wind quietly, collecting his thoughts.

He suddenly remembers the conversation he shared with you yesterday and those words you spoke. The last time he had properly conversed with someone beside you was with the Traveler.

Speaking of them, he knows they have arrived at Sumeru. Xiao only wonders what sort of heroism they will display in the Nation of Wisdom.

Here he was again, reflecting and deep in thought. Sometimes he yearns for lighthearted chatter and topics to distract him from his woes. Of course, he can only yearn. But at the same time, he cannot allow himself to yearn.

It's a constant battle.

"You're here too, I see."

Xiao's ears perked upon hearing your voice. He was surprised to have such a reaction toward it.

Was he... actually enjoying your company?

The Traveler and Paimon told him it wasn't such a bad idea to let people in... To create friends. He wasn't so opposed to it, but his persistent inner turmoil prevents him from letting it happen.

Then again, you were to leave sooner or later.

Would it truly be a good idea to let this connection strengthen? Or, would it be wise to cut it loose while it's possible?

🍃

"i won't suddenly disappear again"
so uh, guess who disappeared for a month 🫡
school has actually been kicking my ass, it's crazy!!!
i still have so much to do but felt the rush to write so here i am HAHAHA

i missed everyone so much istg! i've been out and about, going to school, and i actually have a short film to shoot this weekend hmphhh

other than that, im guranteed scaramouche + got tickets to a cosplay con this december <3 yay!

btw, i am updating again later in order to make up for my absence <//3 LOVE YOU GUYS IMY ALL MWA