- ꕤ 15: DANDELION

A strong intuition must be feared.

Your jaw was left agape as you tried to process his words. How could he catch on so quickly? Is it... that obvious? Or perhaps being able to see through you is just a quality these playable characters have.

"You've gone quiet. I'm guessing that is my answer?" Albedo spoke once more, his curious gaze latched onto you.

"I— I'm just confused as to how you could tell."

"You carry an otherworldly aura. I can sense it. And, I can see in your eyes that you hold information that a normal person couldn't comprehend."

Well, he was right.

You were still quite struck by his inference, making Albedo chuckle lightly.

"You don't need to worry. I have no plans to do anything with this information." He crosses his arms.

"But, if you aren't busy, I'd like to... understand you better."

Does Albedo want to experiment on me? I mean, I don't— Nope! Have normal thoughts for once, Y/N. Focus. This is not a dating simulator.

"Perhaps another time! I can come around in the future, but not now." You refused his proposal. Besides, he might take you to Dragonspine and make you drink weird substances as he did with the Traveler. No thank you!

"Alright, that's fine. That's all. You may leave if you like."

"Will do. Have a good day, Albedo."

"You as well, Y/N."

You walked away from the alchemist, feeling quite happy with the interaction. As your figure disappeared into the buildings, Albedo couldn't help but squint.

"Strange. I never told them my name."

🍃

You ventured outside the city gate, seeing a plethora of dandelions. You carried a bag of keepsakes and snacks, hoping to bring the essence of Mondstadt back to Liyue. Upon seeing the white flowers, an idea popped into your mind.

Why not give some to Xiao?

This thought entered your mind randomly, but you decided to act on it. You still haven't bought Xiao a gift — unable to decipher what he would like. Maybe a simple yet thoughtful thing like this was enough.

You took some dandelions, carefully. They were quite sensitive flowers, so you ought to be extra wary.

"You know," A voice popped up from behind. "Legend has it that, if you can blow all the seeds off a dandelion with a single breath, then the person you love will love you back." They finished.

"If seeds remain, then the object of your affection may have reservations about their feelings toward you."

The voice was none other than Venti.

How many characters were you about to see today? Of course, it doesn't beat Liyue's record, but everyone was surely doing their best to give you a heart attack! You blinked quickly, hit by the fact that the Anemo Archon was behind you.

"Hehe, did I startle you?" Venti giggled.

"No, um... That was quite an interesting legend." You replied, trying to find the correct words. Sometimes you wished you didn't retain your memories. Perhaps then you'd find the confidence to speak to your favorite characters freely.

"Well, why don't we test it? Go on!" He encouraged you.

You looked at the single dandelion in your hand, pouting your lip for a moment before blowing. The seeds flew into the air, leaving a trail of white beads in the sky. It was beautiful.