Chapter Four

It was hard to believe that the child before her would grow up to be the founder and creator of Demonic Cultivation

It was hard to believe that the child before her would grow up to be the founder and creator of Demonic Cultivation. That he would be feared across the cultivation world, and would kill thousands during the process.

So tiny he was that the Lotus Throne, which stood only a few feet away, would drown him if he sat upon it. His legs not even reaching the floor.

This was her first thought when she came upon the sight of her father holding a tiny shivering child in the crook of his arms. She hears a sharp punched out gasp followed by a tighter squeeze to her hand, and she knows it's her brother, A-Cheng. She knows in his head thoughts of hurt, confusion, and jealously swirl at the sight before him.

After all, her brother could count on one hand the many times their own father had willingly held him . 'Shitty ass dickhead.' Jiang Yingyue curses in her head as a frown settles itself on the edge of her brow. "A-die, you have asked for us?" she softly spoke as she watched her a-niang march down the pier with a worried Jiang Yanli trailing after her.

The fierce expression Yu Ziyuan wore had Jiang Yingyue's insides twisting into knots as she realized a storm was brewing ahead, and her father would likely be the catalyst that started it. "Ah, A-Hui. A-Li, A-Cheng, come meet your new brother. A-Ying, these are my children. My children, this is Wei Ying." Jiang Fengmian spoke with a gentle smile he almost never wore around his biological children.

Jiang Yingyue ignores how her heart breaks further when her A-Cheng hides himself between her skirts and clings tightly.

"Hello, A-Ying, I'm Jiang Yan, the Second Young Mistress of Lotus Pier, pleased to meet you." Jiang Yanli, being the sweet and kind girl, broke the tense and awkward atmosphere as she gave a small bow and wave at the little boy, clinging tightly to her father's arms. If the image hurts her before her, she skillfully does not show it.

"Hello, A-Ying." She began softly to the young child, her heart beating swiftly in her chest for being introduced to the main character of the story she had once read in another life. Even as a child, she takes note of the almost bright hue that surrounds the shivering body and can tell he was different. He was handsome a boy, underneath all that dirt and grime, and she knew this without a doubt. His eyes a bright silvery color that even with his doe-eye shape reminded her of her courtesy name. 'Shines brighter than the moon indeed.'

"I'm Jiang Xiaohui, the First Young Mistress of Lotus Pier, and the heiress to the Jiang Sect. This shy one here is my didi, Jiang Cheng, the Young Master of Lotus Pier." She ended with a kind smile as she gave a soft pat on her brother's head, before gently pushing him forward.

Jiang Fengmian allowed Wei Ying to leave his arms as Jiang Cheng stumbled through a shy greeting. "Hello! I'm Jiang Cheng." He pouted softly, and then when he felt the reprimand poke to his back by his da-jie, did he change his tune with a heavy sigh. "I hope we can become friends and get along. Later tonight I'll introduce you to my spiritual dogs-"