𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓 . 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

kai skips along with the taller boy , ice cream in both their hands

"if only you'd try mint chocolate you'd know it's actually so good!" kai pouts as he tries to shove the ice cream to the boy who makes a face and pushes it away.

"huening i love you but ew" soobin says as kai pouts even harder making the other boy pinch his cheek.

"hyung—!" kai says slightly embarrassed as soobin grins , focusing on his ice cream again.

kai checks his phone quickly , just so they know how much time they still have until practice starts. his eyes grow wide and he nudges soobin who looks to him with slight panic before he starts running. kai runs after him and towards the practice room.

they ditch their cones along the way , catching their breaths after the race they just had before rushing to the practice room. surely enough , yeonjun , taehyun and beomgyu are warming up already.

kai rushes in and sits down quickly , stretching and soobin does the same.

"hey ningning! had fun?" yeonjun smiles to the maknae who nods his head enthusiastically.

taehyun gets up and walks over to the radio , putting a song on as the rest scramble to their feet and quickly into positions.

"soobin-ah come on , get up" kai says as yeonjun looks to him worried , glancing to beomgyu who clears his throat.

poor kai didn't ever accept the fact that soobin was really gone...

yeonjun fights back tears of sadness when he finds a picture of soobin on his phone

yeonjun fights back tears of sadness when he finds a picture of soobin on his phone. it's the week before he took his life... and it's one of yeonjun's favorites.

he's smiling as cutely as always , dimples showing and just the warmness in his eyes makes him cry in pain.

he would do anything to stop him from leaving the dorms back then , he would do anything to tell him he loves him and that he's proud of him , he would do everything to not be such a bad hyung to him and actually notice his hurt earlier.

maybe... just maybe... he wouldn't have left them like this then.

but he had to be a shitty person and drive him off the edge. he had to yell at him , break him. he still remembers those tired , lost eyes. he's never realized that behind those warm eyes , lied pain and darkness.