Argument

READERS POV:

Lately the city has been quiet.

No snakes, no sea monsters, no super villains.

We were thankful for that because it meant taking a break.

Both Lloyd and I decided that it was a good idea to have a movie night.

Yet here i was sitting on his bed waiting for him to come back from patrol that was suppose to end 2 hours ago.

I kept trying to convince myself that he just lost track of time, or that he was busy chasing after a bad guy, but when it soon became 4 am my heart shattered.

Maybe he forgot...

I wasn't the type of person to get upset over things like this because not everything goes to plan and that's totally fine, but this was the third time he hadn't shown up to something we planned.

I was terrified. My mind kept telling me that he was getting bored of me or that he was cheating but i didn't want to believe any of that because i trust Lloyd.

Tears built up in my eyes but i forced them away.

God i was selfish.

He could be in danger or injured and i'm sitting here upset over a canceled movie night.

"Y/n?" A voice whispered.

The voice of the person i was just thinking about.

My back was facing him, "Did something happen on patrol?" I mumbled.

"No, it was pretty boring actually. Just a normal patrol." Lloyd said as he changed out of his Gi.

"So you're ok." I asked quietly.

"Yea i'm ok...are you ok?" Lloyd questioned, his voice becoming a whisper.

So he did forget...

"Nothing...i'm fine. Goodnight." I replied trying my hardest not to tear up.

Just as i was about to leave his room, Lloyd grabbed my hand pulling me back.

"Woah, why are you crying."

My mind seemed to forget how to talk but i finally managed out the question that has been scaring me.

"Are you um...are you cheating on me?"

Lloyd recoiled back, surprise visible on his face.

"Im sorry what?"

I stepped back feeling ashamed for even thinking that, "I'm sorry, it's just that we were supposed to have a movie night together and you didn't even remember."

Lloyd laughed in disbelieve, "Really? I forget one plan and now you think i'm cheating on you?"

The tears that i've been trying so hard to keep away started coming back.

"It's not just this time Lloyd. You've skipped the past three plans that we've made and didn't even seem to remember that we had something planned in the first place. You've been distant. We don't spend time together anymore."

"Ok, i'm sorry about not remembering our plans, I've been kind of busy but that doesn't mean i'm cheating. How could you even think that? I thought i trusted me." His voice was getting a little louder.

"I do trust you! But i can't think of any explanation for this other than that you've gotten bored of me and that you're seeing someone else." I voiced tears streaming down my face now.

"Did you even think about asking me why i was busy before assuming that i got bored of you? My dad is alive! Wu found out that he was not infact dead but only stuck in the departed realm. Every day while you guys have been taking a break, i've been searching for a way to get him out. So next time, try asking before assuming things."