-11-

Juneau's POV

"That is so sweet!"

A silent gasp parted my lips and I gripped Adam's left hand's fingers. With a slight turn of his wrist, his new ring not only complimented his usual assortment of bands but also outshone all of them.

As it should.

"And surprising," he admitted.

My sarcastic friend radiated pure joy and happiness. Both placed a glow into his high cheekbones. His slate-blue eyes glimmered like gemstones and his smile stretched so wide, dimples creased his cheeks.

After my usual graveyard shift at the animal hospital, Damian went to work. With my tired limbs, I walked Bullet, cleaned Ella's cage out, washed my always-smelly scrubs, and met Celia and Adam for a much-needed lunch.

A short ride later, I embraced my already-seated friends. "Ohhh... How are you, baby?"

"Baby's good," Celia smiled, even with my hands cupped on the sides of her belly. The round shape was outlined in her black, wrap-style shirt, accented with a bow tied under her breasts. She paired it with a long, gray skirt, silver jewelry, and fresh, glowing makeup.

Guess compared to my zombie face, stale bread would look fresh.

"Adam." The table smashed into my breasts as I leaned over and squeezed my arms around him. The familiar musk of his cologne, which he called 'forestry fuckable,' filled my nose.

"You smell... respectable." He hugged me back. At my narrowed eyes, he added, "Didn't know if you were coming straight from work, Junebug."

"Promise I showered." I pulled back and plopped down.

Celia and I sat across from Adam at Manolo Tapas, an edgy, brick arch-infused restaurant three blocks from where they worked.

Adam waited twelve seconds after my butt hit my seat before he ripped off his brown leather gloves and flashed the thick platinum and diamond band circling his left ring finger. Not to be outdone by Adam's surprise proposal at their Christmas party, Vaughn delivered his own proposal five days after the last overhead dildo was removed.

I'm not sure if I want to know where, or inside who, they ended up.

"Stunning." Celia shot me a smile, then shifted her eyes to Adam's outstretched hand. The same gray as the light, wispy clouds outside, they twinkled. "As I said, at least ten times already this morning, Vaughn did good."

Adam smirked. "We weren't talking about his jewelry tastes."

I fingered his left hand's adorned ring finger, noticing how the light sparkled in every angle. Celia's bowling ball belly rubbed the wood table as she leaned over and examined the six diamonds embedded in Adam's platinum ring. "Fits you, Mister Fancypants."

"Of course it fits." Adam's full, heart-shaped lips, prettier than mine and he sure knew it, curled up at the corners. "That man knows all my circumferences."

"Adam," I groaned and clasped my hands over the table between us. On that related subject, I asked a question I already had the answer to, "What's the six mean? One for each -"

"Yes, Junebug" he interrupted with his awful, 'Southern gentleman' nickname for me, and rolled his eyes. "Max number of times the man's made me come in one session."

I didn't even know that was physically possible.

"Not saying this because you're a man." I blocked a hand over the huge smile that tugged on my lips. "But that's impressive even without the reload time."