-14-

Juneau's POV

"Damian, I want kids."

My hand clamped over my mouth, but it was too late. As soon as the words left my mouth, my eyes popped wide at Damian.

Oh, fudgeknuckles.

He froze like a statue, as did I. The heat that burned in his eyes when he first saw me simmered. Still dressed in his work clothes, he pushed back his leather coat and palmed his hips. My heart eyes appreciated the giant erection tented in his pants, a teasing damp circle at the crest, and I cursed myself for killing that mood.

Stay hard. Stay hard. We'll talk later.

One blink. Then two.

Damian's eye blinks offered his only movement for a full minute. My heart pounded harder and faster than the ticks on the kitchen clock. It pulsed lines of electricity down into my mound, keeping the interest stirred deep inside me.

Even as his eyebrows drew together, his cock stayed hard.

Must have heard my prayers.

"You... sorry, say that again?" His tongue flicked out and wet his lips. Bringing one fist to his mouth, he coughed, clearing his throat. Twice. Thrice.

Words weren't my friends as one of my hands wrung the other, "I uhh... umm... yeah."

Dropping his eyes down to my outfit, now grossly inappropriate, he croaked out, "Is that... why you're wearing that?"

Oh fuck, he thinks I'm trying to seduce him.

I mean, I am but not for his swimmers.

"Oh no. No," I spoke between my fingers, still clamped over my mouth. "No, this was so you could lean me over the sofa armrest with a nice view while you fucked me from behind because I've had a really, really shitty day and you flooded my underwear with your court picture."

The midday sun glimmering in his eyes, Damian's full navy-blue dress uniform selfie turned me into a molten pile of heated arousal. I was surprised I didn't leave a puddle on my subway seat as I returned from the lingerie store. Crossing one leg over the other was no help. Neither was side to side shifting of the train car, or the struggle of jiggling myself into this strappy contraption. Kegels offered a vaginal warm up and pep talk.

Damian's throat bobbed, the tensed cords tugging as he swallowed hard. His darting eyes revealed an internal debate best described as agreeing with me and utter panic. The head above his shoulders prevailed and he steered me to the sofa.

"I'm trying hard to listen but..." His eyes dropped to my exposed cleavage, flushed pink from how my heart plotted to burst through my chest. "This isn't helping."

My shoulders slumped, dropping my breasts lower. "I had lunch with Celia and Adam today. It came up... I know we talked the night of the party but I do want to have kids someday."

At the concern rounding his eyes, I palmed his closest arm. "Not now, not this year, probably not even next year but someday... I do."

"I know, June." His thumb found my cheek and stroked softly. "And I think any kid would be lucky to have you as a mom."

My heart melted into a puddle in the center of my chest. Hot tears sprung in the corners of my eyes at the answer I hadn't expected from him. "Really?"

"Really." The soft smile he offered dissolved. "I can't say I feel the same way though. With my job... And fuck, June, I'm an asshole sometimes. If I needed a reminder, I was called one twenty times today in a court of law."