-28-

Damian's POV

I'd rather be anywhere else right now.

Why the fuck am I here?

A sideways glance at my too-beautiful girlfriend answered that question.

Because she owns my balls... obviously.

I sighed because, fuck, warm and sated, they still throbbed with content after her bribery treatment. No other girl played with my sacs as much as June, turning me into a slobbering, moan pile of sated satisfaction. She lavished each one as much as my cock this time, sucking, massaging each with her tongue -

Fuck, I should stop before I get hard again.

"You caved for a lot less than I thought you would," she whispered, shifting her eyes to the door. "Knock."

"Why am I coming?" I asked for the tenth time, juggling the gigantic box June insisted we brought in one arm and pounding my fist on Jason and Celia's door. "This is going to be awful."

"Because we're both invited," was her response, narrowing her eyes. "I'm glad to go somewhere with you and not that black suit of muscles tailing me to and from work."

I drew in a slow breath. June was not happy when I arranged her private security guard escort. Until she switched to the day shift, when I could escort her, I hadn't given her any choice.

To my knowledge, no other Vice employee or anyone in the 34th building had been warned or threatened. Hernandez and I kept the pictures to ourselves until further developments. Our patience was lost when the office's security video footage, which didn't extend into my office but covered the door, was deleted from the backups. We received a similar response from our Archives request.

Both prove there's a mole inside NYPD and that June is still at risk.

"I'm sorry, June." I sympathized with her unhappiness but wasn't taking any chances. "I need to keep you -"

"Safe. I know but it's so awkward," she added with an eye roll. "Marco Polo takes up two lobby seats, reading Gun Owners Digests while waiting for my shift to end."

The man's name wasn't Marco Polo, or even Marco. It was Marcel, but June called out 'Marco' at him in the lobby between patients.

"I hope it'll end soon," I promised with my palm cupped around her cheek. My chest tightened as my thumb drew small arcs over her light freckles. "You know we're doing all we can."

"I do." Turning her head, her lips pressed a kiss on the tip of my thumb. This woman. She exhaled with a puff and a warm twinkle popped in her eyes. "If I'm going to and from work with a large, handsome grump carrying a gun, then I prefer your company, Damian."

"You think he's handsome?" I shook my head and knocked on our destination's door again. "I specifically asked for the ugliest guy on their payroll."

"Awful." Her fist bumped my chest. "But I'm glad you're here."

"Yeah, but..." My eyes rolled when the door flung open. "It's..."

"You came!" Dressed in an awful olive green sweater, Jason gaped at me, then shifted his eyes to June. "I don't want to know how you convinced him but assume it involved his balls."

June's gasp hit my warm ears as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Are we that obvious?"

A slight pink flushed into her cheeks, nothing like the flaming temperature my face cranked up to because I knew exactly -

"Other than his freshly-fucked face." Jason smirked at me. "Damian once told me -"

"A conversation that should remain private. Congratulations," I muttered to Jason as I had already done twenty times on this subject. Grunting, I shoved the wrapped box that required us taking a car here into his hands. "It's diapers."