I'm Running On Two Hours Of Sleep

SHAWN WAS NOT IN THE BEST MOOD the next morning

Michelle was super fussy the night before, and of course, his parents weren't going to take care of her, so he was up every five minutes, which resulted in him only getting two hours of sleep, before he ultimately decided to just give up on trying to sleep. So he packed their separate bags early, and then waited a few hours. Michelle would not stop crying, and by the time he dropped her off to the Matthews, he was near tears.

The Matthews family had heard the Hunters before they saw them. Once the door opened, they saw a screaming Michelle and a nearly crying Shawn. Rushing inside, he put her bag down near the counter and quickly handed her off to the closest Matthews next to him, which just so happened to be Eric. Shawn didn't even care about his rule that Eric was no longer allowed to hold his sister.

"She's been crying all night." He explained. "I don't know what's wrong with her. I'm running on two hours of sleep. I'm exhausted."

Shawn began to walk towards the door, but Eric called out, "No, no, no, no! Shawn come and take your sister with you!"

Shawn shook his head, backing up. "I can't take it anymore. I don't know what to do!"

Amy stood up, lifting the crying baby out of her oldest sons arms and pressed her hand against her forehead and cheeks.

"Oh, she has a fever." Amy said. "Oh, poor baby."

"A fever?" Shawn repeated, suddenly feeling panicked. "Is she okay? Does she need to go to the hospital? Why didn't I realize that's why she was crying? I'm a horrible big brother!"

"Shawn!" Alan exclaimed, putting his hand on the eleven year olds shoulder. "It's not your fault, Alright? Even if Michelle didn't have a fever, sometimes baby's just cry like this. Eric did it, Cory did it, Morgan did it, Michelle's gonna do it to. But that's alright, okay? It's natural for baby's to do stuff like this."

Shawn nodded, trying to calm his breathing. His eyes were fluttering open and closed, showing the Matthews family that he was in fact, not lying about the running on two hours of sleep thing. Cory stood up, figuring this was a good time to leave.

"Come on, Shawn. My moms got everything under control, Alright? Michelle will feel better when we come home. Let's head to school now though, okay?"

Shawn nodded softly, walking outside, following Cory. Once the door shut, Alan turned to his wife, who held a now sleeping Michelle.

"I feel bad for Shawn." Alan said. "He shouldn't have to deal with a baby who's not even one yet."

Amy nodded, swaying slightly to keep the baby asleep. "I know, but apart from me watching her when he goes to school, he doesn't let anyone else near her."

"Well somehow we need to get through to him that we only want to help him. I mean you saw the kid! He could barely keep his head up!"

{}~{}~{}~{}