You Can't Just Keep Promising Her Cookies

CORY DIDN'T KNOW WHO was more clingy: Michelle or Shawn

Let him explain a bit.

The three of the them, plus Eric, had been up in Cory's room, and Shawn was having a crisis, because when Eric walked in, Michelle left Shawn's side and walked up to Eric, holding her arms up, indicating she wanted Eric to hold her.

He did so, and Shawn had started to get a bit antsy.

(It was briefly talked about in the chapter 'I Know, I Know, I'm Amazing' that Shawn had a jealousy issue when it came to his sister)

The phone rang, and immediately Eric tried to put Michelle down. But, she didn't want to.

"Michelle," Eric stressed, listening as the phone stopped, and then started again. "I need to go answer that. Veronica is calling me."

"I thought her name was Melanie." Cory said, trying to help remove the crying baby.

"Eric!" Michelle cried. "No, Eric!"

Shawn looked like he was goin to cry as well. "Michelle, why are you so attached to Eric? You're supposed to be attached to me. Michelle, What is wrong with you?"

When they finally got Michelle off Eric, they had to listen to her crying.

"No, no, Michelle," Shawn said. "Don't cry, it's just Eric, don't cry, please. Look, I'm here! There should be no crying if I'm here."

Michelle didn't let up, and looked at him with tear filled eyes. Shawn looked at Cory, feeling lost. "Cory, what do I do? She won't stop."

Cory's eyes widened. He was almost more lost then Shawn. He didn't know how to take care of a baby. He was never in that position that he needed to take care of his baby sister full time.

"Here, let me see her," Cory said.

Shawn reluctantly handed her over, and Michelle's cries died down. Shawn's face fell, and stared at Michelle betrayed.

"She doesn't love me anymore." Shawn said, his face completely blank, staring at the wall.

"Shawn—"

"She hates me." He said, turning away from Michelle, who looked at him confused.

"Shawn?"

Michelle tilted her head, walking up to her brother, holding her hands out. Almost instantly, Shawn picked her up, and squeezed her.

That lead to the current moment, where the three where at the mall, just walking around, and Shawn had to go to the bathroom. The only problem was, Michelle didn't want to let go.

Shawn was squirming in his spot, and Cory was doing his best to pry the baby off of him.

"Munchkin—"

"No!" She said, her voice a bit shrill. "No, Shawn!"

"Munchkin, I love you. I would kill someone for you, but I am about to pee myself. Please let me go." Shawn whined.

Michelle started crying harder, squirming in Cory's grip, who struggled against him. "No, no, no! No!"

"Oh, so you can say no now, but not my name?" Cory grumbled.

Michelle stared at him, her eyes angry. It unnerved Cory how much her angry look, even at one year old, looked just like her brothers.

"Look, Michelle, if you stop crying, I'll give you a cookie." Michelle slowly stopped, staring at Cory. "Yeah, a cookie. Do you want a cookie?"

Michelle nodded, a happy smile on her face. Cory let out a sigh of relief, standing outside of the bathroom, waiting for Shawn to come out. Cory nearly threw Michelle to Shawn when he did end up coming out of the bathroom.

"Hey, you got her to stop." Shawn smiled, though it looked a little forced. "How'd you do that?"

Cory shrugged. "I just promised her a cookie."

Shawn gave him a look. "You can't just keep promising her cookies."

"Why? That's what Eric does." Cory shrugged.

Shawn stares at him for a moment, before saying, "Is that why she's getting attached to him? Because he gives her cookies all the time?"

Cory nodded. "Pretty much."

Shawn rolled his eyes. How nice. Eric was bribing his sister with cookies, which explained why she had belly ached all the time,  and that's why she was beginning to grow so attached to him.

"She can have this cookie you promised her, but after that, she's getting a break from cookies for a few days." Shawn explained.

Cory nodded, and the kids looked around for a bit longer, before heading back to the Matthews.

When they reached the house, Shawn set Michelle down on the couch, sitting in front of her, leaning his head back on the cushion, looking at Michelle, who was upside down to Shawn. Michelle smiled happily, leaning down, and placing a 'kiss' on Shawn's head.

Shawn smiled, leaning his head up, and kissing her cheek. Michelle giggled, and cupped his face. She leaned down, and kissed his head again, and then started playing with his hair.

Cory watched, a smile on his face. Cory had never seen his best friend as happy as he would get when he was with Michelle. He knew how protective he got of Michelle, and Cory wondered how different Shawn would be without Michelle. First thing was, Cory figured he wouldn't be as happy. He didn't think Shawn could ever look as happy as he did without Michelle.

"Cory!"

Cory snapped his eyes up to look at Shawn, who was staring at him. "What'd you say?"

"I asked why you were staring at me." Shawn said. "I know I'm handsome, but it's kind of creepy."

Cory rolled his eyes fondly. "You're full of yourself, you know?"

Shawn gave him a mischievous smile back. "I know."

Cory smiled back at him. Shawn let out a small grunt when Michelle yanked her chubby hands through his hair.

"Not so rough, Munchkin." He grunted, trying to untangle her fingers.

Shawn spent the next ten minutes trying to get his little sisters hands out of her his hair, all while Cory watched his favorite pair of siblings with a fond, amused smile.

A/N: So I lied. I decided to cut the 13 chapters down to 7, and now I have 6 more left before season two, because I'm too lazy to write 13 chapters. Also, just for fun, let me know what you guys think season two will be like with Shawn, Turner and Michelle