You Brought My Sister With You?

SHAWN AND MICHELLE HAD never spent more than a whole school day away from each other

Which is why, when Shawn never came to pick up Michelle, Cory started to get worried. Even Michelle, who had gotten used to being picked up at the same time everyday, was getting antsy.

Cory had taken to trying to get Michelle to relax, but when it hit around nighttime, Cory began to panic even more.

Michelle wasn't acting like herself, either. She was always a happy, bubbly baby, but right now, she kept walking around, would peek behind something, and then go check somewhere else.

Cory shifted, watching as the little girl just finished looking under the couch. Michelle stood up, and turned to him, and pointed at the door and asked, "Shawn?"

Cory felt his heart sink a bit. "I, uh, I don't know where Shawn is. He should have been here by now."

She pointed at the door again. "Shawn?"

"I don't know when he's coming, Michelle." Cory told her, gently. "But he'll come back for you."

But he never did. Michelle spent the whole rest of the day with the Matthews, and it was finally time for everyone to go to bed.

That night, after a whole day of panicking, Cory nearly had a heart attack when a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Don't turn on the lights."

Cory turned slowly, and was relieved to see his best friend.

"Shawn."

"The cops are after me." He said, pulling the curtains closed. "Maybe even the FBI. You're not involved. Unless you want to be."

Cory stared at him for minute, before saying, "I'm in!"

Shawn studied him, and Cory stared back, before saying, "Hold on, let me go tell my mom you're here. And I'll bring Michelle up here too."

Shawn grabbed him, and slammed the door shut again. "You can't tell anybody I'm here. Not even Michelle."

"Right. Right." He mumbled. "How'd you get in here anyway?"

"I climbed up your tree, and into your window. I didn't want anyone to see me. Cory...I'm a fugitive."

"Fugitive." He repeated. "Cool. Give me details."

"Okay." Shawn sighed. "You remember the cherry bomb?"

Cory nodded. "Oh no. Feeny found it. You're suspended. Nothing good ever happens to me."

Shawn shook his head, moving to stand near the beds. "All day I could feel it in my pocket, all round and waxy, just begging me to light it. I mean, I could actually hear it saying, 'light me, light me, Shawn. Blow something up.'."

"Well, what did you blow up?"

Shawn ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I was riding my bike down K street—"