Happy Birthday, Munchkin!

IT WAS THE MORNING of Michelle's birthday, and Shawn had just finished making pancakes

Michelle went to take a bite, but she pulled it away from her mouth, a look of disgust coming over her face.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

Michelle made a face, pointing at her food. Shawn tilted his head, taking his own bite of food, and nearly gagged.

"So, I can not cook." He gagged. "Lets go to the Matthews."

Shawn scooped his sister up, grabbing her diaper bag, and shoved her birthday present into the bag. He placed a sloppy kiss on the baby's cheek, and took off towards the Matthews.

Once they reached the familiar house, Shawn shoved the door open, and then kicked it close.

"Hey, Cor. Hey, Eric." Shawn greeted, setting the baby down.

"Hey, Shawn." Eric greeted. "Come to eat all of our food again?"

"Eric!"

Shawn rolled his eyes. He knew Eric only meant it as a joke, but he couldn't lie and say that it didn't sting a bit. Both his parents where always throwing remarks at him, so of course, he was a little sensitive to them. But just a little.

(That was a lie, he was a lot sensitive to them)

"Yeah," he laughed instead. "I made pancakes, and even Michelle thought they were gross."

Michelle clapped, as if saying she did find them gross.

"Well, you guys are more then welcome to eat here." Amy said, setting another plate at the table.

Shawn gave her a smile, and held Michelle in his lap, feeding her bits of pancakes that actually tasted good.

"So, Shawn, what do you have planned for today?" Alan asked.

Shawn looked down at Michelle, who was laughing at the faces Eric was making at her. He leaned closer to Alan, as if trying to avoid Michelle hearing.

"I need to go shopping for Michelle's birthday." He whispered. "I was going to get her a present, and then a cake. Is it all right if I leave her here for a while?"

Alan, who felt a bit proud of Shawn for taking on this responsibility, but also a bit sad that he had to take it on, nodded. "Of course, kid. You know that you guys are welcome all the time."

Shawn nodded, giving Alan a smile. "Thanks."

"Cory, why don't you go with him?" Amy asked.