She Looks Like A Lost Puppy

CORY, SHAWN AND MICHELLE were outside, the two boys playing basketball, while Michelle sat behind them watching

"Watch this, Michelle." Shawn said, shooting the ball.

Shawn shot the ball, and it ended up going by the net, and into Feeny's back yard.

"Mr Hunter," Feeny sighed. "if you would please try and keep the ball on Mr Matthews side of the fence."

"Sorry, Feeny." Shawn apologized, grabbing the ball from his teacher. "The net moved."

"I'm sure it did." He responded.

Shawn smiled, and tossed the ball back to Cory. "Come on, let's keep playing."

They did, and every two shots, the ball was going into Feeny's yard.

"May I suggest," Mr Feeny said, after the third time the ball landed in his yard. "That you play inside?"

"You may suggest." Cory answered. "But we will not listen."

Feeny sighed. "Well, if you insist on playing outside, why don't you play a quiet game with Ms Hunter? Goodness knows how bored she is having to watch the two of you miss the basket over, and over again."

The two boys shared a look, and then looked back down to Michelle, who stared up at them with her head tilted to the side.

"She looks like a lost puppy." Shawn cooed, squatting down, and lightly pinching his sisters cheeks.

"Must run in the family." Cory said. "You wear that look all the time."

"What?" Shawn asked, standing up and making the exact face Cory was talking about.

Cory just smiled, and shook his head. "Nothing."

The two boys started dribbling, and trying to steal the ball from the other, not wanting Mr Feeny to get even more annoyed with them.

"Do you think Michelle will play basketball?" Cory asked, trying to steal the ball from Shawn.

"Nah." Shawn said. "The few times I've taken her to the store with me, she always wants to play with the volleyball."

"You gonna let her play when she's older?"

"If she's careful, and she really wants to play." Shawn answered, grunting when Cory yanked the ball from his hand.

"I'm sure she'll be good at it."

"Yeah"

The two boys continued to go back and forth until Shawn's stomach growled loudly.

"Man, Shawn, your stomach sounds like a wild dog. What'd you do, not eat for three days?"

Shawn laughed, and answered sarcastically, "Yeah, that's exactly what happened. Come on, Cory, that's stupid."

That's exactly what happened. His Dad, of course, had gone back to his regular schedule, and there was barley any food in the house, meaning there was nothing for Shawn to eat, leaving him to go hungry.

"Well, come on," Cory said. "We've got plenty of food here for you to eat."

Shawn's stomach growled again, and he picked his sister up, and the two went inside and Shawn ate everything Cory set in front of him.

"Are you sure you weren't starving?" Cory questioned, watching as he finished another sandwich. "Because you eat a lot, but never this much."

Shawn turned red, but finished chewing, and after he swallowed, he said, "Yeah. I just...I missed breakfast, and you know how I get if I miss a meal."

Cory nodded slowly. "Yeah."

Shawn smiled, and then started feeding Michelle some baby food that had been left there. Once both Hunter kids were done eating, they all headed up to Cory's room, where they were able to just relax on his and Eric's beds.

As tired as he was, Shawn had to fight to stay awake. He could sleep later when he got back to his trailer. As uncomfortable as it would be, a male would have to wait.

Shawn sighed, and adjusted himself to a position that he would be less likely to fall asleep. Once he was comfortable, not enough to fall asleep, but enough to not be moving around ever five seconds, he and Cory began to talk, and he occasionally brought Michelle into it, who just babbled away.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Cory was looking Michelle in frustration.

He was once again trying to convince Michelle to say his name, and as if she liked torturing him, she would say Eric's name, or just point at him instead. Shawn had gone to get a drink, so he was unaware of Cory doing this again.

"Come on, Michelle, please." He begged. "Just say my name. Cory. Co-ry. It's not that hard."

Michelle just pointed at him again, making him sigh in defeat."

"I give up, Michelle. You win." Cory sighed, looking down at the baby in front of him. "I'll forever be known as," Cory pointed in the air. "to you."

Cory turned around, shuffling out of the house.

"Cory."

Cory whipped around, almost getting whiplash. He stared at the baby with wide eyes. "What did you just say?"

"Cory."

Cory stared at her for a moment, before letting out an excited yell.

"Oh my gosh!" He yelled, jumping up and down. "You said it! You said it! You said Cory!"

"Cory!" Michelle cheered.

Cory picked up Michelle, and down to the kitchen where Shawn was, getting a drink.

"Hey, Cor, munchk—"

"Say it!" Cory said, excitedly, holding Michelle up in front of Shawn.

Michelle was silent for a moment, before saying, "Cory."

Shawn stopped what he was doing, and a smile grew. "You said his name!"

"She said it twice upstairs!" Cory exclaimed, handing Michelle to Shawn. "I knew she would say it! I knew it! I knew it!"

Cory ran through the house, chanting, "She said it! She said it!". Eric walked in, Amy on his trail.

"What's his problem?"

"Michelle said his name." Shawn exclaimed.

"Cory!"

Cory let out another yell of excitement from the living room.

"Well, that explains the happiness." Amy said.

The whole rest of the time Shawn and Michelle were there, Cory was bouncing in excitement.

When the Hunter siblings left, Shawn said, "I think you made Cory really happy today."

"Cory!"

They heard one last yell of excitement before they turned the corner and we're out of sight.

A/N: This is the last chapter for season one. I am currently working on season two, and I am very excited for you all to see what I do with Turner, Shawn, and Michelle. I hope you enjoyed this season, and let me know what you thought about it!