We Can't Go Through Mom's Bag

SHAWN AND CORY SAT at the table with a few of Morgan's Barbie's as the two tried to figure out the answer to the problem from earlier

Michelle was walking around the kitchen, letting out squeals of joy every now and then. They weren't too worried about what she was doing, solely focused on their problem.

"We got Al, and we've got Malibu Fred." Cory said.

"Minkus got it wrong." He smiled, that being the only thing he could think of.

Cory sighed, fiddling with the dolls. "It's not like its just an assignment anymore. It's more like a mystery."

"He could just not back being wrong. I mean, did you see him? He went to the nurse and he never came back."

"But Topanga got it right," Cory said. "That's a clue."

Shawn nodded, his brows furrowed. "M'kay. What's the difference between Minkus and Topanga?"

"Minkus is really smart."

"And really weird."

"Now, Topanga on the other hand, is really weird."

"And really weird."

There was frantic knocking on Cory's door, and the two looked up, and saw a disheveled Minkus. "Minkus?"

"I was." The boy growled. "I used to be. Who's got the right answer? 'Yes, Mr Minkus?' 'That's right, Mr Minkus'."

Michelle started crying as she watched the boy go crazy, making Shawn pick her up. He hid her face away from Minkus, who was the reason she was crying, who then ended up storming out of the house. She let out another small cry, and her cries soon turned to sniffles.

"Thanks for inviting us," Shawn said, sitting down with Michelle in his lap. "I saw my mom looking at her 'let's have fun with liver' cookbook."

"But she's got a bowling league tonight, Shawn." Cory said.

Shawn gave him a weird look. "No, that ended six weeks ago."

"No, it didn't." Cory denied.

Shawn nodded slowly. "Yes, it did."

"Shawn, my moms in that league, and she's been going every Wednesday night."

Shawn looked down at Michelle, and then spoke slowly. "Well, I don't know where she's been going, but it ain't bowling."

Just then, Amy walked into the kitchen, making everyone stare at her. Well, everyone but Michelle, who was too focused on playing with Malibu Fred.

"Wait," Cory said. "We can't go through mom's bag. That's—That's, like, against the rules."

Eric rolled his eyes. "Well, then, how are we supposed to get to the bottom of this, huh?"

The brothers looked at each other, an idea slowly formed in their head. At the same time, the two turned towards Michelle. Shawn, who saw their looks, shook his head. "No. Michelle is not doing anything for you guys."

But she did. Eric ended up showing her a cookie, and put it in the bag. Michelle waddled over, and began to dig through the bag. She ended up pulling out a heel, and a black sparkly dress, before she finally found the cookie.

The three boys immediately started putting everything back in the bag when they heard Amy's voice, all while Michelle stood in the middle of the kitchen, and ate her cookie.

After Amy left, the boys all sat in a half circle.

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it looks." Eric said.

"I sure hope so, because it looks pretty bad." Shawn laughed a bit.

"Does it look as bad as lived?" Cory snapped.

"No." Was the Hunter boy's quick response.

Michelle slipped out of her brothers grip, and once again, began her walk around the Matthews kitchen.

"Here's the twenty." Cory said, shoving the money into Shawn's hand. "Order the pizza, watch my house, guard my sister. And if I'm killed on this mission, find out the answer to that car problem from Feeny, and have Topanga channel it to me."

Shawn nodded, and pocketed the twenty, and walked to the phone to order the pizza.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Shawn and Morgan sat on the couch, playing with cards, Michelle laying on Shawn's chest, sleeping.

"Okay, what do you have?" He asked.

"Three daddy's and two mommy's." She answered, setting her card's down.

He looked at the cards in disbelief. "A full house?"

"Full house?" She repeated. "I love those Olsen twins! They look just like Michelle, too!"

The door opened, and Alan walked in, making Shawn's stomach twist up on nerves. Morgan looked up too, and smiled. "Hi daddy."

"Well, Hey, sweetie. What are you doing up? It's, uh, 10:15?"

"Shawn was teaching me how to play five guys—"

"Go fish." He cut in, smiling.

"Jacks are better to open." She said.

"Where's Cory and Eric?" Alan asked, keeping his voice down as to not wake the baby.

Shawn froze for a moment, before answering. "They went to the library."

"Would that be the public library, the one that closes at nine?"

Shawn scoffed. "No, no. The other one."

"I'm going to put Morgan to bed, and then you and I are going to talk a little more."

Shawn gave a nervous laugh. "Kind of a relationship building thing?"

"No."

Shawn sighed, running his free hand through his hair. "Great. First time in my life I'm in trouble with someone else's dad."

Just then, Cory and Eric burst into the house, and began telling him what happened. Shawn watched as the brother talked a bit, panicked was more like it, and Shawn moved at the end of the living room, holding Michelle in one arm, and his coat in the other.

"Cory, Eric," The Matthews looked at him. "You know I'm always here for you. Just not right now. Oh, by the way, I told him you were at the library."

Both boys scoffed, staring at him in disbelief. "Great lie, Shawn."

"The library closes at nine o'clock."

The shaggy haired boy nodded. "Yeah, he knew that too."

Shawn pulled the door open, and pulled it shut quietly, doing his best to not wake Michelle. He managed to make it back to the trailer, and successfully made it to their shared room.

"I hope things at the Matthews are going okay." Shawn mumbled, as if they were the ones with beer cans and beer stains everywhere.

That was the last thing he said, before he shuffled to bed himself.