Chapter 14 (Part 2)

Alec

She was hiding something.

Not for long.

She tried to back up further as I stepped forward to invade the little space that remained between us, but she had nowhere to go backed into the corner where the bed and side table met. Nowhere but the bed.

When I took another step forward to reach for her hidden hands, she scrambled back onto the bed to escape my grab. She didn't make it far. Pulling herself back, she tried to turn in an effort to crawl across the bed and away from me, but I grabbed her arm, stopping her from turning and pulling her towards me so I could grab hold of her other arm as well.

Narrowing my eyes on her widening ones, I pulled her arms from under her, forcing her to collapse onto her back and making it easier to hold her down. Moving her wrists into one hand, I pinned them above her head as my knees sunk into the bed on either side of her hips to straddle her, trapping her beneath me.

Realizing the disadvantaged position she had fought her way into, she doubled her efforts to fight her way free by arching her back in an attempt to buck me off. All it did was make her rub up against me, exciting me more than simply touching her already did.

She continued her efforts to free herself until she bucked up again to discover the growing hardness she was causing, she grew deathly still, afraid to take too deep of a breath for fear she would make contact again.

Not fear of the actual touch, but fear of the emotions it would elicit.

The growing scent of her arousal spread to fill the room as blood rushed to paint her skin which had gone pale at my initial arrival. Remembering what had led us to this position, I focused past the distracting perfume that signaled her want to focus on her hands.

Empty.

When my fingers tightened around her wrists, I was surprised to hear a faint whimper escape her lips. My eyes snapped down to find hers clenched shut, trying to shut down the thrumming need in her chest that I could sense mirrored in my own. The rejection written on her face had the welcomed surprise twisting to leave a bitter aftertaste. I pushed it aside as I continued my search.

My eyes roamed down the length of her arms to fall on the loose material of the hoodie she wore. Her struggle earlier had made it clear she was wearing nothing underneath, but the pebbled nipples that faintly poked to show through the thick fabric confirmed it. Giving the outside of her front pockets a thorough pat just in case, I continued to the waist of her jeans when I found nothing. My free hand landed on her hip, sneaking just under her hoodie to reach her skin.

She shivered at my touch, her eyes tightening further against her soul's need to reach out for one of its missing pieces. She refused to face it, to let the possibility of what it meant even possibly come true.

My jaw tightened against the chaos that touching her started in my own chest. It deepened the bitter taste filling my mouth to know that she was trying her hardest to shut out similar emotions.

Hastening my search to bring a quicker end to the rejection I was facing, I tried to make it quick as my hand explored her waistband for any of the paraphernalia that my mind had jumped to at her suspicious behavior. I was doing well in keeping things professional despite every cell of my body screaming at me to tear off her clothes so my eyes could feast on what was ours until it came to searching her back pockets. As my hand dove into her back pocket, cupping her rounded cheek, it couldn't help but linger.

When my hand found nothing, I began to pull her up against me. Another moan sounded, shooting start to the hardness I was sporting between my legs. It threatened to unleash the parts of me that wanted to devour her with an all-encompassing hunger, one that wouldn't accept her denial of fate.