Chapter 20 (Part 4)

Doubt pushed past the cloud of need making me push back against him to increase our contact. He never made things better, only worse. What would make things different this time?

His touch.

Aside from the faint brush of his lips against my ear that had a shiver make its way through me, the parts of him in contact with me were through a layer of clothing or two. I hadn't noticed with everything i was experiencing, but the electric charge that typically accompanied his touch, even through clothes, was almost completely absent. His hand landing on mine made it even more evident. When his fingers made contact with the back of mine, it drove any doubts I held away.

His touch. It was different.

It wasn't the same electrifying touch that I would have expected to fuel the fire burning in my veins to new heights. Instead, it acted as a balm, driving away and cooling the burn making my skin feel like it was stretched taut.

My head dropped back against Jace's chest as I lost the ability to hold it up. A moan couldn't help but escape my parted lips as more of his hand pressed against mine. He was giving me a whisper of what I craved.

Him.

"More." The word came out as a pant. I wanted more of him. His scent, his touch, and the taste of his flesh on my tongue.

To my disappointment, rather than giving me what I wanted, he took away what I already had. Releasing my hand, he pulled away, taking with him the warmth that he had pressed into my back to ward off the chill filling the air. Now it returned with a vengeance, leaving me trembling without Jace's touch to chase it away.

Just as a whine bubbled its way up my throat, it was cut short when my back hit the soft mattress I had just been kneeling on.

Before I could recover and the shadows in the room stopped spinning in my eyes, Jace's face came into focus as it neared mine.

"It shouldn't be affecting you this much...." he whispered with furrowed brows as he took in my strained expression. "You're human," he said like that meant anything to me. I always knew I was. So did they. The only thing they hadn't known was that I was a woman who could give them the family they wanted to create instead of the man they thought they had first encountered.

Making babies with Jace didn't seem like too bad of an idea at the moment.

Instead of alarming me like the thought would if my mind was clear and I could think straight, picturing my skin moving against his had me pressing my thighs together to alleviate the throb of need that pulsed at my core. Well, I attempted to press my thighs together. I didn't get very far before Jace's body pushed its way between them and kept them from closing.

He lowered his body down against mine just as another twist in my stomach had me trying to curl over onto my side again. He didn't let me, instead pressing me down into the mattress as this warmth unfurled the knot in my stomach that was orchestrating most of my discomfort. As it released, so did warm wetness between my thigh.

I wanted him. And for the first time, there was no little voice in the back of my head telling me why that was a bad thing. No, there was just the pulsing between my thighs and the tug I felt toward him in my chest.

And him.

His hands reached up to cup my face as he raised my head so my eyes would meet his. In his, I could see the same longing I felt reflected back at me. Only, he seemed to have some semblance of control over it while mine was running rampant.

"I'm going to make it better, okay? But I need to know that your okay with this, with me touching you-"

"Yes!" The answer came out in a rush. That's exactly what I wanted. His hands on me, roaming my bare flesh and claiming it as his while his lips followed. I wouldn't mind if he spotted my body black and blue with hard kisses and gentle nips.