𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    A SMALL HUFF FALLS FROM ASTRID'S LIPS AS THE LAST NURSE LEAVES. It was now just her in a cold and gloomy medical room. From her bed, she could make out two very large guards' silhouettes. A small red light flashed in the corner of the room, and as her eyes narrowed on it, she realized that it was a camera and that she was most definitely being watched.

    Astrid wraps her arms around her legs, her cheek resting on her knees. Her eyes moved to the small bandage on her arm where the IV was inserted, a frown tugging her lips. She didn't even know if she was truly given vitamin D, it could be anything else and she just wouldn't know.

    She was bored and alone with quite literally nothing to do. Her fingers gently fidget with the cotton blanket that lay on her lower body, her mind floating in a place she always found herself when she was alone. She hated it here. It had only been a few hours that she'd been conscious and she already wanted to leave.

    It wasn't like she could contact the fleet. Not only would it put them in harm's way, but she also didn't even know if she was even still on Mustafar. Her vision blurs as she thinks of the one anchor that has been in her life for the past two years, Maya.

    Her arms move to wrap around herself tighter as she presses her forehead against her knees. The salty dam of tears reemerges after their hour-long hiatus, staining her cheeks yet again. A small choked sob breaks free from her lips as her body shakes with each sob.

    She missed Maya, just as much as she missed Anakin. She didn't like Lord Vader, in fact, the mere mention of his name made her body go rigid. Dread was all she felt when she thought of seeing the man who stole her husband's body.