💜 Chapter 2 💜

It was about time that something like this happened to him, that the hammer of love would come striking down upon him like thunder. Saiki Kusuo had known that it would happen yet he not expected it to actually happen – and to think that he had fallen in love with Minamoto Nadeshiko, a girl who had just moved to their neighbourhood from Kyoto two nights ago.

There wasn't a single person that Kusuo wanted to be involved with, to fall in love with if it was just going to end up like his parents. Yet at the same time, Kusuo wondered if it was good for him to love Nadeshiko. Just as he did with every single thing in his life, he weighed the pros and cons of it.

Positives for one – Nadeshiko was quiet and calm, focused on her own life and not interested in getting extra attention. She was also very smart and she was a curiosity for him. She also happened to make the best coffee jelly he had tasted in recent years. And it wasn't lie that she was extremely easy on the eyes: She was the prettiest person he had seen, if he was to be unbiased.

Negatives, on the other hand – Nadeshiko was a new person in his world, an enigma of sorts, and she seemed to keep to herself too much. Yet she was also someone who naturally attracted quite a bit attention from others, which meant that he would also have some competition.

It was one thing to weigh those options and another to think of being like his parents. Would he and Nadeshiko be extremely loving to each other in the beginning and then at each other's throats later in life? Would they have to go through that as well?

Somehow, it appeared unlikely given how soft-spoken Nadeshiko was but wives were not to be trusted. And he wondered if he would have to learn how to be lovey-dovey.

Kusuo left his home just in time to 'run' into Nadeshiko as she passed the front of his home on her way to school. And as he hoped, the girl stopped to look at him when she noticed him coming out.

"Good morning, Saiki-Kun," Nadeshiko greeted him with a pretty smile. "I hope that you had a good night's sleep and also enjoyed the green tea cookies and coffee jelly,"

"Good morning," replied Kusuo telepathically. She took it normally. He looked toward her for a moment but then straightened his head forward again. "The coffee jelly was good,"

"Oh, I am happy to hear that," Nadeshiko said, and for a moment, her smile widened toward him.

For the rest of their journey toward school, neither of them talked much about anything. There were moments when Nadeshiko asked something particular about the city but otherwise was much busier in observing the streets as they headed for school.

And it didn't seem to bother Kusuo much either, finding that it was almost natural that she was curious and not being overly strange about it. She picked her words very carefully; he had noticed that by now. Kusuo pursed his lips, wondering what he should do.

Have I accepted my feelings for Minamoto Nadeshiko?

I should give it some time; it may be a false reading.

But it seemed like love and romance was the topic of the day as Kusuo followed Nadeshiko into their classroom, where the class was divided into several groups – those sparkling with love, those in the gutter over a rejection and those who were hoping to get asked out or to ask out.

"What?! Minako said okay?! You've got it made!"

"My boyfriend gets jealous easily," "Mine, too,"

Romance was everywhere in the air today, and it was a concept that was foreign to him until he had realised that he had formed feelings for Minamoto Nadeshiko. He glanced at her as she sat down in her place and wondered what group of people she fell into.