💜 Chapter 9 💜

Kusuo was unable to sleep the entire night as he laid in his bed, his mind swirling with the wonderful sight of Nadeshiko as she smiled that gorgeous smile of hers at him, holding his hands in the softness of her palms. Somehow, Nadeshiko had been just as taken with him that evening: her demeanour had been shy, her cheeks had blushed pink and she had spoken those words to him –

"Of course, you can entrust yourself with me,"

More than anything else in his life, Kusuo wished that he had gotten the chance to unravel his feelings to Nadeshiko. But he had already stolen her entire day and her parents had been waiting on her to return home. Kusuo had tossed around in his bed, wishing that he was not alone in his room – well, aside from the spirits that Nadeshiko had banished. He wanted only her to be around him.

But Kusuo was not entirely disappointed with himself. He had worked very tactfully. He had gotten the one-in-a-million chance of spending the entire day with Nadeshiko, his future forever. They had gone around town, found out more about each other, they had dinner together and he had gotten her his first gifts. And surprisingly, he had found the courage to 'flirt' with her as well.

Nadeshiko had accepted all of them –

Kusuo was on his way to her heart.

It had now become a habit of Kusuo's to wake up early in the morning, hurry with his shower and changing into his uniform, breezing through his breakfast so that he could head out and wait for Nadeshiko first. The sight of Nadeshiko stepping out of her home and producing a wide smile at the sight of him... nothing could make his morning more pleasant.

No, it would be even better if it was her sight

that he saw first thing in the morning.

"Good morning, Kusuo-Kun!" Nadeshiko greeted happily as the love of his life came jogging over toward him. Kusuo smiled at the sight of her: she appeared even prettier in winter uniform. She smiled back at him as she reached him. "Thank you for waiting for me... I hope I did not take too late,"

"Good morning to you as well," Kusuo replied. "No, you didn't take too long. It would've been fine even if you had. Shall we head out to school now?"

"Yes," Nadeshiko agreed, appearing to be rather pleased from how pink her cheeks were.

This walk that they took every morning on their way to school was the only thing that Kusuo looked forward to in regards to school. They often talked about a topic that carried them all the way to school – and the topic that day had been Toritsuka Reita, who they had met the previous night.

"He was quite a strange individual, was he not?" Nadeshiko mused as they entered their classroom together. "I hope that he would not use his abilities to do... things that he mentioned,"

As always it was with their classroom, it was bustling and everyone was chatting loudly. Nadeshiko took her seat next to Kusuo's but she was quickly hoarded by the others. Kusuo did not like any and all boys or girls that took the attention of Nadeshiko away from him. But he remained silent as he sat in his place.

Students from their class or students from beyond – seniors or juniors – everyone liked to come and talk to Nadeshiko even if she had only ever been nice to them once. Her fellow club members would come as well, consisting mostly of girls, and they would all give Kusuo stink eyes for sitting next to her.

Homeroom began soon after and the seemingly endless array of classes followed it. Kusuo found himself spending a lot more time looking at Nadeshiko than paying attention to the lectures – the sight of her concentrating was entrancing. He wished she would concentrate on him in such a way.