💜 Chapter 5 💜

Although it had been what he had wanted to do the least, that trip to the beach had become a memory that Kusuo was certain that he would be cherishing for a long time simply because it had been spent with Nadeshiko. Kusuo had shifted sides all night on his bed as he continued to revisit the walk they had had while returning back to their homes: Kusuo had fed Nadeshiko food.

Had it been a date?
Would Nadeshiko consider it one?

Before he had realised it, the first day of the new term at PK Academy was upon him, and Kusuo hoped that before the day was over, he would be able to talk through with Nadeshiko about the truth behind himself, including the powers that he had yet could not use upon her.

The sun rose that morning in the appearance of the beautiful smile on Nadeshiko's face as Kusuo walked out of his home to find her waiting for him. She waved gently at him as he walked up to her.

"Good morning, Saiki-Kun," greeted Nadeshiko happily. "Are you ready to head out to school?"

"Good morning," Kusuo replied, nodding at her and rather pleased with himself. "Yes, let's go,"

With that, the pair of them set off together down the street to head to their school. It was a pleasant morning for Kusuo now, even though he was sure that he was not looking forward to classes today – or any day. He only wanted to see Nadeshiko every day, not those guys at school.

There was a lot of chatter in the classroom as Kusuo and Nadeshiko arrived in their designated classroom. Everyone appeared to be going over what they had been up to during their vacations.

"Hairo!" exclaimed the boys as they gathered around a rather browned Hairo Kineshi. "You got so tanned!"

"I volunteered as a lifeguard at the beach," Kineshi replied. He noticed Nadeshiko arrive as she set her bag down in her usual place. "Good morning, Minamoto-Chan!"

It was not something that Kusuo was keen about, he admitted to himself, as he watched Kineshi eagerly greet the love of his life. And to make it worse, he coul hear the boys muttering about whether Kineshi and Nadeshiko were dating. That could not be further from the truth.

"What?" exclaimed another group of students. "You've got a crush on someone?! Who is it? Who?! Are you serious, Teruhashi-Chan?! Who is it?! Tell us!"

"I happened to run into them during the break," replied Kokomi. "You know what I'm talking about, right? That definitely was no illusion. I believe it was on August 6th,"

"I saw you that day, Teruhashi-Chan," said one of the boys, much to her shock. "If I remember right, you were with... weren't you talking to Minamoto-Chan that day?"

"What?" responded Kokomi, taken aback. "No! I'm not a lesbian!"

"That can't be it," said another boy. "I saw Minamoto-Chan with Saiki – I'm certain that he was begging for her love – could they be dating?"

"No, that can't be!" Kokomi said at once. "I-I mean, Minamoto-Chan told me that she has never dated and is definitely not dating Saiki-Kun!"

Even without reading her mind, Kusuo could tell from here that if she wasn't a fan of Nadeshiko before, Kokomi definitely did not like Nadeshiko at all now. And Kusuo wasn't sure that this was going to keep Kokomi away from the black-haired beauty.

"Right, you must be talking about Nendou, then!" said the first boy. "You met with him, right?"

"You're way off, idiot!" shouted Kokomi, much to the surprise of others until she quickly corrected herself. "I mean, I was with Yurwei Offidjot! Don't you know him? He was in the world tournament,"