💜 Chapter 11 💜

"You are always welcome, Kusuo-Kun,"

Those sweet words continued to sway in his mind throughout that night as Kusuo laid in bed, far more delectable than even her delicious coffee jelly. And how could he forget what had accompanied those words? The feeling of Nadeshiko pressed against him had been one that Kusuo had never anticipated. Her embrace had been so pleasantly warm.

And as she had set her head against his shoulder, Kusuo had felt like nothing could make his existence any lighter. Everything had seemed to fit together the same way their bodies had nuzzled with one another. But what truly captivated him was what he saw on her beautiful face from the mere glance from the corner of his eyes.

Nadeshiko's lips were blossomed into a smile that could sweep Kusuo's heart away a hundred times. He had never imagined that he would ever be blessed with the presence of someone who was as remarkable as his wife-to-be. Every single worry that he had had the entire day had simply swept away – merely by the sight of Nadeshiko and the box of love that she held out to him.

His love for her made his life brighter.

When Kusuo had laid in bed that night to sleep, his belly full of that delicious treat, he wished he could continue to persist in that embrace. The blanket that weighted down his body against the mattress was not enough – he wanted to feel that feeling of Nadeshiko against himself. He wanted her arms embracing him as they laid, her scent heavy in the air to lull him to sleep and the feel of her smile against his skin.

Was it too much to ask for?

Kusuo woke up that morning and was momentarily stunned. It took him less than 0.2 seconds to realise that he could no longer use his powers. He couldn't hear anyone's voice – he usually woke up with an onslaught of thoughts from other people, all of them begging to go back to sleep forever. When he got out of bed and jumped, levitation didn't work and when he punched the wall, it hurt him instead rather than demolishing a seven-kilometre road in front of him.

I am free from the spell of psychic powers!

I am finally free!

At that very moment that Kusuo had just begun to celebrate, there was a loud blast in the distance, and he found himself waking back up in his bed. Kusuo grabbed his head, realising that what he had just celebrated had been a dream and that he had woken back up with the same powers that he had been born with.

is it already morning?

I am so tired.

Grumpy thoughts entered his mind once more but none of it was as grumpy as the headache Kusuo was developing. He got up from his bed, realising what had happened – it had been one of those dreams. Whenever he had a dream and his head hurt, he could see into the future. And with this, his power had essentially told him what would happen in a few seconds.

However, it wasn't saying that I would lose my powers.

It predicted the explosion.

Some of Nadeshiko's coffee jelly was still waiting for him in his refrigerator and he was craving that taste desperately. He stood in the middle of his room, contemplating whether he should have it for breakfast first or go save everyone before he did that. It was true that the location of the explosion was right next to his home but...

The sound of a familiar soft voice entered Kusuo's ears, and he hurriedly moved to look out his window – there was Nadeshiko, humming to herself as she always did, and heading toward the store. Kusuo dropped everything, realising that she would pass by the explosion site as it exploded.