💜 Chapter 14 💜

Following the unexpected revelation of Minamoto Nadeshiko still being in Tokyo and her presence gracing their dining table for a Christmas dinner where they got to eat her delicious food, it was time to clean up. Both Kusuo and Nadeshiko had done that, wiping the entire kitchen clean before Nadeshiko mentioned wanting to go to her home to put the dishes away.

"Allow me to come with you," Kusuo insisted, not wanting her to go alone. "Let me hold the dishes," He took them from her and Nadeshiko gave him a small smile. "You should get everything you need. It'll be better for you to stay over tonight rather than spending the night home alone,"

"Thank you very much for this, Kusuo-Kun," Nadeshiko said as the two of them walked out of his front door, heading just next doors to get everything sorted out.

Inside the Minamoto home, everything was completely still and silent. Kusuo set the dishes away in the kitchen where Nadeshiko had left it completely spotless. And as he waited for her, the black-haired beauty hurried upstairs to quickly change into something more comfortable and get her essentials.

Kusuo turned to look at Nadeshiko as she arrived downstairs, dressed in cozy pyjamas and a warm robe over it. She had put her hair back in a thick braid that she twisted into a bun, and she was carrying a backpack with her essentials. She appeared to be excited suddenly.

"Before we head back, there is something else..." Nadeshiko said as she set her bag down on the counter and went to the fridge. She carefully pulled something out and turned around, "I made coffee jelly earlier – and I knew how much you loved having it with leisure so I saved it for you,"

For a moment in time, Kusuo could only stare at Nadeshiko as she held up the entire dish of coffee jelly for him. At that moment in time, he could've done anything for her. If she had asked him to lay his life in front of her feet, he would've fallen to his knees. He had to marry her. He could've kissed her at that moment.

What the in the world am I thinking?!

"Thank you very much, Nadeshiko-Chan," Kusuo said softly, and he watched as Nadeshiko's lip spread in a wide smile and she truly looked happy as she set the coffee jelly on the counter as well. "Your coffee jelly is truly one of its kind. I don't think I can enjoy any regular one after this,"

"That is no trouble," Nadeshiko said, her cheeks gaining colour under the dim kitchen light. "You can always ask me for coffee jelly whenever you feel like it. I am more than willing to make it for you,"

"I can't be concerning you so much, can I?" Kusuo replied. "I don't want to burden you unnecessarily,"

"You are not burdening me unnecessarily," Nadeshiko assured him. Her voice had meaning as she looked at him. "Do you know why I am here tonight, Kusuo-Kun, and not in Kyoto?"

That question had been bugging Kusuo all night long. He had been wondering and wondering how this change in plans had set into motion. But as he looked at Nadeshiko, with her cherry cheeks and her shy smile, and the deeply set violet eyes as they looked up at him.

"Because you gave me the courage to say what I truly felt –

to decide what made me happy rather than my parents,"

It was an answer that Kusuo had not expected at all, and he would be lying if he knew what was going on or what those words meant exactly. But one thing was very clear and that was that it made Nadeshiko happy – and that was everything that meant to Kusuo. Something told him that even if he had asked her to elaborate her thoughts at that moment, she would've only smiled at him.