💜 Chapter 3 💜

Time continued to flow onward and before they had realised it, winter had dissolved into spring. Kusuo found his life continue to revolve around Nadeshiko, who was blissfully unaware of all the turmoil that she had created within him. She was someone he had quite honestly fallen in love with – she had no idea that he had already planned their entire life out together.

Nadeshiko remained the same throughout the semester, if not become even more captivating for everyone. Everything that she did, she was absolutely the best at it – meticulous, friendly and always thinking out of the box. She was helpful and hardworking, and Kusuo felt like she caught the wrong attention at times because she was just so nice to everyone.

Biggest issue in regards to this sudden love was Hairo Kineshi, their Class Representative. He always went out of his way to get her attention and Kusuo felt like it was too much of a hassle to deal with, especially when Nadeshiko was often too kind to refuse Kineshi's advances.

If someone was to look in from outside, it would appear that Kineshi was just being overly diligent but Kusuo knew – and he knew well – that it was all just a ruse to get Nadeshiko's attention.

Wherever that Kineshi would see Nadeshiko, he would suddenly flex his muscles and go out of his way to attract her eyes whether that be out on the physical education fields or in the hallways.

Kusuo had never wanted to be good during physical education classes to avoid catching any attention but just to elevate himself in Nadeshiko's eyes, he had to showcase his physical prowess. He could admit that he found the impressed look on Nadeshiko to be very pleasing.

It was as good as coffee jelly.
And it made his insides jelly as well.

Kineshi had not given up either, an example of which came when Nadeshiko and Kusuo were both stepping out of their classroom during lunch break, and they found another classmate of theirs carrying a large box of art supplies across the hallway.

"I should go help," Nadeshiko had said, and she was just about to go there when Kusuo caught her arm. "Saiki-Kun?" She looked around at him in surprise. "Is something the matter?"

The matter was that Kineshi had arrived to help the girl instead, taking the burden from her with his muscular arms. Kusuo felt like he didn't have to rip his actual sleeves off.

"Watch out!" said Kineshi, catching the girl's burden before it fell. "Are you alright? Where are you bringing these to?"

"To the teachers' staffroom," replied the girl, hopeful that he would help her there.

"I'll help you," Kineshi told her. He noticed Nadeshiko and Kusuo standing nearby. "But wait!" He returned her burden to the girl and ran a few ways away. "Carry them over here! Humans become stronger when they push their limits? Come on! Do it! Push yourself harder! Good work!"

If Kineshi had thought that this would impress Nadeshiko, he was off the mark, Kusuo felt as he looked toward the black-haired girl standing next to him, watching the scene unfold, looking uncertain.

But as Kineshi took the burden from the girl and began to hop away with it to strain his muscles, Kusuo knew that while he pushed people hard, he pushed himself harder. The only problem Kusuo had with him that he didn't push Nadeshiko hard – he pulled her to himself, and that was not right.

On the other hand, there were more stuff going around in the PK Academy that was taking Nadeshiko away from him and Kusuo just could not stand it beyond a certain point.

Nadeshiko had gotten busy with cultural clubs, such as flower arrangements and tea ceremonies. And while the thought of her doing such things was absolutely lovely, Kusuo wished she wasn't so busy. The only thing that soothed him was that those groups were predominately female-led, not that Kusuo did not find himself often suspicious of the girls batting their eyes at his future wife.