💜 Chapter 6 💜

Saiki Kusuo was looking forward to life – for the very first time in what felt like an eternity of existence, Kusuo was starting to look forward to life and what it was to bring. He had purpose in life: to make Nadeshiko fall in love with him so much so that she will agree to remain a part of his life forever. So that she would accept her position as the love of his life and one day, marry him just as he had envisioned the very day that they had first met each other.

However, this was not something that Kusuo could force onto Nadeshiko. His precious person was someone who struggled with making friends and appeared to have her insecurities. She had accepted him as her friend, and that had been the first step in the right direction. Now, the rest was upon him to make sure that she would not regret this, and he would make her feel as wonderful as she made him fell.

I must make her fall in love with me.

And that was what Kusuo was working upon as the weekend approached. His parents were about to head out for a wedding in the afternoon and were set to return after the sundown. It was the perfect opportunity for him to invite Nadeshiko over for lunch and build more association with her.

Kuniharu and Kurumi had the boy come down to lock the front door, which Kusuo felt was a wise decision before they also thought that they needed to give him instructions, which he felt was not necessary coming from them.

"Watch the house while we're out, okay, Ku-Chan?" Kurumi said as she turned to look at her pink-haired son. "We'll be home around dusk,"

"I wish Kirishima wouldn't have his wedding at the height of summer," commented Kuniharu. "Man, I mean, this heat is unbearable. Right, honey?"

"It'll be hotter outside," Kurumi replied.

"It's hot because you guys are clinging to each other," Kusuo responded, looking at the rather unsightly sight of his parents bound tightly to each other.

That was something that he disliked about couples – the need to either fight till death or cling onto each other once they were dolled for a public appearance. Kusuo tried not to think about the way his heart slid on the thought of making an appearance somewhere with Nadeshiko as a 'couple'.

Would Kusuo also find himself unable to
keep his hands to himself in that situation?

It wouldn't be the same situation as his parents, of course, Kusuo tried to reason, or like other such couples. His Nadeshiko was understanding and sweet, and she was so lovely that he wouldn't be able to keep himself away from in any situation, much less just when she was dressed up.

"Anyway, Kusuo, are you sure you don't wanna come?" asked Kuniharu, still clinging onto his wife. "You've met Kirishima before, right?"

There was no way that Kusuo was going to this wedding – at first glance, weddings appeared to be an occasion full of joy but being able to hear the thoughts of others, including twisted emotions like pity and jealousy, he'd rather not celebrate the unhappiness of others.

Weddings were always described as a happy occasion, but it was only happy for those who could not see those emotions. Kusuo suddenly felt a sense of dread – would the situation be the same in his case? Maybe Nadeshiko would consider a tiny wedding...

"I'll pass," Kusuo answered, snapping out of his thoughts and trying to contain the shiver that almost went down his spine. "I'll stay back,"

"I see," Kuniharu said. "That's too bad. Your psychic powers would've really livened up the party,"

"My psychic powers aren't for entertainment," responded Kusuo.