Part 3: Self-Combat

Goemon sat upon the steps of the temple observing you with your own sword.  Stabbing it forwards, stepping back slashing one way, the other way.  You flipped and slashed it again.  Your teacher stayed silent and watched you and coached you on fixing things.

.

.

Goemon: Right, Left, Right, Left!  You'll come across people with artillery and guns, you want to slice their bullets clean in half and avoid ricocheting halves to go into your face and body.  

Y/N: Like this? Right, Left, Right Left?  In front or up to down with the sword?

Goemon: In front of you, always, and you swiftly turn behind you before the next bullet comes at you.

You yell and do the same thing and swing your sword around until it hit Goemon's Zantesuken he held out.  He then attacks you and you block with your katana clashing against his own.  You came close to him hitting swords savagely.  

Goemon: Under, over, and clash.

You followed his instructions, ducking under, leaping over his blade, and clashing your sword against his.  He grunted as you smacked away his sword on the ground.  However, he backflips and grabs his sword again.  

He then crouched and kicks under you making you trip and fall on the ground hitting your head and dropping your sword.

Goemon: Good try, but you must quicken your pace on your reaction time just a little.

You stood up: Yeah...thanks.

Goemon: It's alright, why don't we try without the weapons?  

He sets down his Zantesuken, you set down your sword.  Goemon raised his arms out in front of himself.

Goemon: HYAHHHHHHH~!

You block his arm and  try to kick his side, he grabbed your ankle and spun you over in the air, you hit the ground getting the wind knocked out of you.  Coughing and catching your breath you then roll over as he stomped on the ground.  You stand up midstance and run charging right at him.

Y/N: ARGHHHH!

You  punch your arm out against his own blocking you.  Ducking you went left, then right, then under his feet, he leaped up.  He grunts and spins in the air and kicks you in the side of the head.  You fall and hit the ground again in pain.  

   Part of your head bled.  You still stood up however an continued to try to fight him.  He ducks your attempted punches and grabbed your wrist, you twist your wrist and pull him over your shoulder and slam him on his own back.  He had the wind knocked out of him this time.

   Goemon: *coughs* Very good~

He then sits up and cracks his neck to the side.  Then he runs after you as you tried to throw another punch, he grabbed your wrist as you struggled, he draws his hand you dodge it with your head.  You rip away from him and spin and kick him on the ground hard.  He hits the grassy ground with a loud THUD.

   He quickly gets back up and blocks your punch and drives you into the ground pinning you there.

Your eyes also widen with surprise, you cheeks flushed pink just how Goemon did.

Goemon: You look flustered.  

Y/N: I-I....

You stare into his dark brown eyes, deep black hair, and smooth face & jawline.  It was mesmerizing, young, handsome.  The fear & seriousness behind that face attracted you.  

Goemon stands up as you then did the same.

Goemon: I think this is enough combat training today for you.  

Y/N: Ahem, yes er--I believe so it's best.

Goemon: Are you alright?

Y/N: Yea Yea, I'm fine... *you turn around and limp towards the Japanese Temple*

Goemon: Your head and ribs need to be wrapped.

Y/N: I'll be fine Mister Ishikawa

Goemon walks and held your shoulder: Please, you must heal yourself of your mistakes and injuries.  Let me help you.

Entering the Japanese Temple once again you sat on the ground as Goemon dabbed the side of your face with a cold towel, then placing a small soft patch over the bruised wound.  You look towards his dark black hair, dark eyes, and light skin.  His eyes locked with yours.

Goemon: I apologize for hurting you miss L/N.

Y/N: Please...call me Y/N.

Goemon nods: Then I Goemon...

He's allowed you to call him Goemon instead of Mister Ishikawa.  There was a sense of tender sentiment and understanding between the both of you.  

You spoke in Japanese to him quietly.

Y/N: Gōman, anata ga watashi ni itte inai koto ga aru... 

(There's something your not telling me Goemon)

Goemon closed his eyes: Watashi wa nani mo iu koto wa arimasen

(I have nothing to say)

He turned pink in his cheeks, a little bead of sweat came from his forehead.

Goemon: Tosu o onaka ni maki tsukezu ni haira renai.

(I can't help wrap the toss around your abdomen)

Y/N: Naze damedesu ka?

(Why not?)

Goemon closed his eyes turning his head away, his cheeks then flushed red: Anata no hadaka o mitakunai...

(I don't want to see you unclothed)

He stands up and retires to his own room hesitantly and sheepishly.  He goes and sits down on his mat and starts to meditate himself to get his intruding thoughts out of his head.  You then take the wrap and go to your room, remove your samurai robes, and wrap the side of your ribs by yourself.  

   Your robes sat beside yourself as you finished wrapping your torso.  You slipped your kimono back on and stood up to check on your teacher.

  He sat with his legs crossed in his dark grey Hakama pants and light blue Kimono robe.  

What goes on in that mans head?  He seemed to show signs of weakness for you.  Does he really like you?  You wanted to meditate to try to get into his head but, you decided not to.  Leaving his arch way you go back to your room.  

Looking out the window you see the trees begin to have their leaves fall from the great pines and the waters grow cold from the distant waterfall.

     A flock of birds flew in the direction of where it was warm in the skies.  

Y/N: Goemon Ishikawa...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

End Scene