Part 4: Goemon's Weakness

.

.

It was the next day and the pines leaves had fallen from their branches and the weather began to drop in temperature.  The grass began to die away to soil.  You take your sword and slash it through some hay stacks with steel inserted into each and every one of them.  

 You put your sword back into it's casing and set it aside.  Then you crouch down extending one leg back and the other bent forward in a runners position.  You gain an electrical signal from your brain and you burst off running.  

   Goemon followed after you running down the mountain and through the barren pines, through the dead leaves.  Your teacher leaped up the rocks and climbed up the trees.  You follow after him panting heavily.  

   He swung from one branch to the next and landed on the top of the waterfall.  You did the same but slip and screamed, Goeman caught your wrist and pulls you up.

Goemon: You alright?

Y/N nods: Yes I'm fine.

Goemon: This is another place I like to meditate, the top of this waterfall where the stream of the river flows through the mountains.  I learned from my previous master about water.

Y/N: What did he tell you?

Goemon: A wise man once said 'People are like water, you become what you are meant to become.  Water can be in the form of almost anything; it can be placed in a cup, a pitcher, a pool, in pipes, when water is put into anything it becomes that thing.  Put it in the cup it become the cup, you put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot.  Water can flow, or it can crash.'  

Y/N: So we should be like water.

Goemon: Exactly that is what we are.  

He sits down by the edge of the waterfall upon the rock, you sat on the opposite side of the waterfall upon your own rock.  A light chilling breeze flowed through your hair.

Goemon: My friends are sinful to stealing, but they do it for a living.   Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko.  I still care about them, I am apart of there group and help them in the process.

Y/N: I've heard.  World's greatest gentleman thief, World's greatest marksman, and World's scandalous Femme Fatale.  

Goemon: I am what they call the World's greatest Rebel Samurai or Master of the Blade. I don't necessarily care for titles.  

Y/N: I didn't think so, but you are a master of the Zantesuken

Goemon: Zantesuken is my life and it is apart of my own training.  A Samurai's training is endless, though they become wise.

He stands up and looks towards the temple in the distance.  You joined him leaping over the river and to the other side.  You trip but balance yourself and spoke to him.

Y/N:   You are very skilled and gentle I've noticed.

Goemon: Gentle?

Y/N: Well, making food and trying to help wrap my toss.

Goemon looks to you in surprise turning pink in his cheeks again, he held his Zantesuken and shook his head of his intruding thoughts.

Goemon: It's my job to provide you with some hospitality is it not?

You look down at the waterfall  embarrassed with a sigh rubbing your arm gently, then looking away from him.

Goemon then held his hand out hesitating: Wait, I didn't mean to be so brash about my comment, please forgive me~.