Chapter 5

MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS

"I GOT A CALL FROM THE HOSPITAL... MOM'S IN CRITICAL CONDITION!"

All of you immeadtly got out of chairs, putting on your shoes and coats before hurrying to the hospital. Neither of you speak, thoughts clouded by the possibility of your mum dying. Leaving you all. You still had so much to tell her. Still have all the flowers you want to give her. She hasn't been able to see all the flowers in the world, and you wanted to show them to her. Even it's in a hospital. Still have stories to share with her. Bully Manjiro with her laughing at the two of you. Listen to her soft and soothing voice.

Soon enough You made it to the hospital, you and Manjiro being the first one to run inside. You ran towards the reception and asked for the room where your mum was. The nurse gave you a sympathetic look before telling us the room number. Without wasting a second you Immeadtly ran up the stairs to her room. Not even bothering to use the elevator. Your family not that far behind you. Running down the hallways of the hospital, not caring for the amount of nurses warning you not to run, or all the patients and visitor giving you a weird looks.

Standing in-front of the open door of your mums door you froze, panting. Unable to move any closer. The image before you breaking your heart to a million pieces. Wires all over here connected to various different machines. Laying down in her hospital bed, an exhausted look on her face. "This will most likely be the last time you will be able to see her" informed the doctor behind me, speaking to grandpa. Your siblings standing behind him. "Thanks a lot Doctor" thanked Grandpa. The doctor gave a quick bow before leaving us to say our last words.

Each of us decided it would best we go one at a time. Emma was the first one to go in. Whilst the four of you waited anxiously outside. Soon Emma came out tears streaming down her face. Manjiro then went in, as  you walked over to Emma. Gently resting your head on the back of her head. Pulling her closer to your shoulder. She nuzzled her face into your chest and she wrapped her arms around your waist tightly. Crying into your jacket. You just stayed silent, barely able to hold in your own tears. Running your fingers through her hair. Despite having not known each other for long,  your Mum and Emma were quite close. The two being the only girls in the family. Emma had considered your Mum, her own mum. And you knew  your Mum also considered Emma the daughter she always wanted. You don't blame her. After having 3 sons she would want a daughter. And Emma fit that role perfectly.

Manjiro then exited the room a unreadable and emotionless expression on her face. You knew better him than that, he clearly was holding back his tears like yourself. One thing the two of you have in common is you hate seeming weak in front of others. Although you know your family or friends won't judge us on it, you still refuse to cry or show any weakness in front of them. Silently, Shinchiro as well as Gramps went into the room. You motioned for Manjiro to come closer to you. Emma still crying her hear out. Manjiro silently walked towards you, reaching your hand out you pulled him closer. Hugging both of your siblings close to you. Manjiro was still for a few seconds before he bean to shake underneath your embrace, you knew he wasn't crying but this was probably the closest thing you, anyone would get.

Shinichiro and Gramps exited the room, both of them having tears in their eyes. You and Shinchiro looked and the two of you gave each other a silent nod. Shinchiro took the role of comforting your siblings with Gramps as you went in to see your mum. "M/N" she weakly called out. You couldn't hold your tears in anymore and began to breakdown right in front of her. Kneeling beside her bed, holding one of her frail and cold hand in both of yours. "You'll get through this right? You'll come back to us like you always have? Right mum?" you cried, the tears falling harder with each plea. "M/N" called out your mum once again. Looking up you were met with her warm and caring black eyes. A sad smile on her face. "M/N my sweet child, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed it. I failed you as a mother."she apologised a single tears rolling down her cheek.