CHAPTER 9

Juno

I've been getting used to moving stuff without touching them, it was draining me most of the time since I was new to all of this but I was trying not to over use it.

Vega also taught me how to hide the royal lines, the ones that show when I'm angry or panicked, sometimes when I'm turned on too. She said I only had to think of something that made me happy which was a bit hard if I'm being honest.

She also mentioned something about exchanging power, but I wasn't paying attention since I was trying not to drop the huge rock on a stray cat.

I sat on one of the many tables that we had in the cafeteria with Vega by my side, I was exhausted since my mom made me overwork myself last night.

"I just wanna sleep" I yawned laying my head on the table, Vega pushed her tray in front of me. It had chips, an apple and juice, I shook my head no declining her offer.

"Your crush is coming our way" my head shot up and I looked behind me to see Cheryl making her way towards us. I groaned doing the biggest eye roll I could. I regret telling Vega about what happened between me and Cheryl because she won't drop the subject.

"She's not my fuckin crush" I whispered yelled, I could feel a presence behind me. I scoffed and turned to look at Cheryl, her eyes were watching me for a second then went to Vega. She smiled at her, no like actually smiled at Vega, not the usual scary smirk.

"Can I talk to Vega for a second" she ordered shooing me away, I gave her a confused look and turned to look at Vega who was staring at Cheryl. What the actual fuck is going on?

"It's alright hu- Juno, I'll be back" Vega said with a smile, which made me even more confused because since when do they talk to each other. I watched as Vega got up and walked away followed by Cheryl.

They were talking to each other, Cheryl had her arms folded with a serious look while Vega was very unbothered with what the shorter woman was saying.

Vega smirked leaning forward towards Cheryl who just looked unfazed with what was happening. Vega whispered something in her ear and made her way towards me, Cheryl had an angry look on her face. Her eyes met mine for a moment, they were different for a second. Like, she felt sorry for me but of course that's not true since she rolled them at me a second later before storming out.

"What was that?" I asked, Vega gave me a smile and sat back next to me. I was still confused with their weird encounter, since when do they talk to each other? Cheryl, hasn't spoken to me since she got hit in the face with a dodge ball.

As for Vega, she's gotten used to going to school and trying to make small talks with students specially that she got famous for being in the guys football team.

Her behavior was a bit weird though, since the first time she got here she was oblivious of simple manners and things. While now she actually acted like she's been a human.

"She's just upset she can't mess with you anymore" she replied simply as she took a bite of her apple. I suddenly had the need to go pee, I remembered that yesterday I drunk lots of water after training.

"I gotta go pee, I'll be back" I said in a hurry them made my way to the bathrooms. I rushed inside and sighed in relief when I let it out, I don't know how long I've been holding it in.

I opened the door so I can wash my hands after finishing my business just to find Cheryl standing right in front of me. Her brunette hair was pulled in a high ponytail, we were the same height maybe she's was a bit taller.

"Can I help you?" I asked pushing past her towards the sink, I could see her from the mirror she had her back turned to me still, and her head down. I rolled my eyes and wiped my hands on my pants then made my way to the door.

Before I could open the door fully a hand slammed it shut, I sighed and tried to open it again but of course Cheryl shut it.

"What?!" I yelled getting frustrated, I was already in a bad mood because I didn't sleep well last night so her being here was just making my mood worse.

"Juno I-" she started with a loud sigh, as if she was thinking so hard of what she wanted to say. And it was taking her forever, I rolled my eyes again and went to open the door again.

A hand grabbed my wrist and the other went to my collar, Cheryl slammed me against the door hard. Her eyes were glowing just like Vega's when she first landed in my backyard.

"What th-"

"For fuck's sake Juno, give me a second!" She yelled, I looked down and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I was starting to shake in anger and panic, how is this possible? She was one of them?!  

The lines on my arms were starting to show again, I wrapped my hand around her wrist and squeezed it hard. I could see the pain in her face, she was trying so hard not to wince or scream in pain.  

When I felt my feet touch the ground my hand went to her neck fast, I was blinded by my anger. I could see my face in the mirror, the lines were glowing more than I've ever seen them.

"Who are you? And what do you want from me?" I said through gritted teeth, she was struggling against my grip. She kicked me in the stomach and I winced letting her go, she dropped to the ground feeling on her now bruised neck.

"Cheryl, I'm gonna ask you one last time..." I stepped towards her, my whole body was shaking uncontrollably. When she stayed silent I tried to kick her but she grabbed my leg and pulled in it hard making me fall on my back.

She jumped on top of me so I won't be able to get up, she grabbed my wrists and pinned down.

"You still dont know how to use your powers" she whispered, I didn't know if it was a question or a statement. I tried to push her off of me but I was too drained of my energy.

"Get off me! I'll fucking kill you!" I yelled and she just smirked down at me and let out a chuckle, she was making fun of me again? She was underestimating me? Thinking I wouldn't be able to do it?!

Her eyes widened all of a sudden and her hands let go of my wrists so fast like I was on fire. She got off of me and stood with her head down. I looked down at my arms and the lines were red instead of golden.

"Y-your highness, I- I'm sorry. I'm only a servant of the queen...I'm following her orders" she stuttered out, I walked closer to her and stood there confused. What queen? My mom?

"Which queen? My mom? Or Vega's mother?" I asked, her eyes looked up at me for a second and then back down. She looked like she was contemplating whether to tell me or not.

"Speak" I ordered, her next words left me even more confused with this situation.

"Starla..."

*****************************************
Hello my lovely readers! I'm sorry for taking forever to update, school is about to start and I have to focus.

Here's a chapter, I hope you like it!

Love you, muah

-S