CHAPTER 24

Juno

Everything went silent, no more energy and no more screams. I listened attentively and somewhere in the background I could hear a heartbeat apart from mine and Vigors. At first I thought it was Cheryl's but I was sure she left a while ago and was probably too far.

My eyes shot open quickly looking for the source of that heart beat and in front of me stood someone with their gun aimed at Vigor.

"Theo?" I mumbled in surprise, the front of her armor was burnt with my powers. When I lost control over it and started going everywhere it must've hit her and revived her dead heart.

"Theodora, you can't challenge royalty" he said with a smirk, Theo laughed at him and pulled down her weapon making me stare at her in confusion. What was she doing, my heart was beating so fast while my head was running all the different scenarios where she could be an evil person. Fuck Vega and Cheryl for making my trust issues worse.

"But she can" she pointed behind him with a smirk, I leaned my head to the side to catch a glimpse of who was behind Vigor and I saw my mother helping someone walk on their feet. My mother was covered in blood, but she had a smile on her face.

The person leaning on her was obviously her lover Starla, she was in a long white sleeping gown while her hair was down. She also had blood on the bottom of her gown but it looked like it didn't belong to her.

"Where is mother?! Traitor!" He yelled at Theo aiming his gun to her head again, before he could mutter a word I watched his lips get sewed together. He touched his face in horror while he tried to speak and get the stitched off, behind him Starla was moving her wrist slowing like she was sewing something.

"Fuck he's a pain in my ass" she said with a groan, my mom chuckled and helped her sit down on the stairs that lead to the throne. While Theo punched him one single time on his face and he went out. She kneeled down putting the golden bracelets on his wrist in case he wakes up suddenly.

She stood up laughed slightly and turned to look down at me with a small smile and I was just standing there surprised at everything that just happened.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer to her. I laid my head on her chest hearing the small heart beat softly regaining its rythme, I laughed in disbelief put my hand over my face to stop the falling tears.

"You idiot..." I mumbled laying my forehead on her chest, I intertwined my fingers with her covered ones and smiled again at the sound of the small beat. Her heart was doing whatever it can to keep working and I couldn't be happier.

"You scared me" I said again looking up at her, she kissed the top of my head and I just felt my cheeks warm up in embarrassment.

"You saved me Juno" I heard her whisper, I pulled away confused while she just smiled genuinely. She let go of my hand and started taking off her glove, her still covered hand grabbed my wrist and pulled it up. Her uncovered fingers reached for my hand, her index finger was right in front of mine. When it got close enough I saw an electric spark and my eyes widened in surprise.

When I pulled my hand away it disappeared but as soon as our hands get closer, the sparks were everywhere.

"How?" I asked still stunned with this new revealed information, before Theo could reply someone cut her off.

"Exchanging power, you must've lost control over your power. Or you purposely electrocuted her. When that happened, your energy transferred to her her body and revived her heart" the unfamiliar voice said, behind me stood Starla with a very tired smile on her face, I was intimidated by her height and the power she radiated. I knew she was my biological parent but I've never thought it'd be hard to look her in the eyes so I just avoided them and looked down.

I heard her chuckle at my nervousness than I felt her arms wrap around my body, I found myself relaxing my head on her chest and unconsciously seeking comfort in her embrace.

"Oh I've missed you my little sun" she whispered kissing the top of my head, she was referring to the necklace she gave me. Happy tears ran down my face as I tightened my grip around her waist. I've never thought I'd be hugging my other parent let along cry happy tears when I see them.

"I'm Juno" I pulled away giving her my hand to shake, she chuckled wiping her tears as well and took my hand shaking it. When I saw my mom, Gaia, I tried to run to her forgetting about the burn on my leg and I winced about to face plant on the floor when a pair of arms grabbed me and pulled me against their chest.

"I got you..." Theo whispered in my ear, I blushed hiding my face away from her while she helped me limp to my mother who met me half way.

"I'm glad you're alright baby" she said kissing my forehead, I sighed and tried to sit down on the stairs.

"Where's Vega? we should thank her for helping us" I heard Starla ask, my eyes widened and I turned to my side where I threw Vega and the trace of blood was leading towards a double door.

"I may have broken her arm and maybe killed her."  I explained, my mom's eyes widened while she followed after the trace of blood. Theo kneeled in front of me and patted her shoulder.

"Jump" she ordered, my face was red by now but I wasn't going to decline a piggy back ride offer. She secured her hands under my thighs and we followed after my mom, or in this case, my moms.

We reached an infirmary after a long way of following the blood stains on the marble floor. Vega was laying on the bed with tubes going down her throat while Cheryl had her head in her hands.

"Cheryl" Starla called softly, Cheryl's eyes shot open in surprise. When she saw her she quickly stood up in respect but my mother smiled and asked her to sit back down.

Vega's neck was all scarred from my nails and her face was bruised from all the times she got slammed against the walls.

"Tell me, what did Dr. Ladin say" Starla asked standing next to Vega's hospital bed. Cheryl sighed worriedly and rubbed her forehead.

"She has a few broken ribs, one artery on her neck is badly scratched that's why she needs the tubes for breathe, I rushed her here and luckily Ladin was here already and she quickly pushed her into the machine, to stitch and fix everything" Cheryl explained holding Vega's hand, I felt bad for what I did but I was angry at Vega for causing me so much trouble. First, getting me kidnapped, then imprisoned, then someone I kinda like died. It was the last straw from me and all I saw was red, well, Vega coated in red and I was an angry bull.

"She'll be fine in a few days, as for Vigor. His trial will be held as soon as possible. Valeria is dead and that's the important part" Starla explained before we were all excused, Theo stayed with me while a doctor treated my leg.

While my parents went somewhere, I don't know, and I don't wanna know. Tomorrow, Starla will give a speech to all her people and that's when we'll all know what exactly happened to Valeria.

***************************************
I guess I'm nice, right 👍

You love me now? Hm?

-S