CHAPTER 21

Vega

I paced around the room angry at everything and everyone, the day of Starla's awakening was close and it was getting me stressed out, I wanna beg Juno for forgiveness but I don't know how to approach her, I want to tell her that I'm ready to overthrow my own mother just to gain her trust again. I'm willing to do anything...

I walked out of my room and made my way to my mother's chamber, I knocked on the door softly getting ready to face her. A maid let me in and I found my mother fixing her hair in front of a mirror. She looked at me for a second and went back to looking at her hair.

"What do you want?" She asked annoyed with my presence, we haven't been on good terms since I lashed out at her for planning on killing Gaia in her sleep. On top of that, vigor has been whispering unwanted information to her behind my back, he's trying so hard to make her hate me.

"I'm here to speak with you mother" I said standing still in my place but watching her intensely. She sighed and turned to look at me with a smile.

"What is it Vega?" She asked sitting on her bed, she patted the spot next to her and I hesitantly went to her.

"I know what vigor has been doing, mother. He's trying to make you hate me, he wants the throne to himself." I started, my plan was to convince her to wake up Starla earlier than planned so we can get this over with and I can have Juno back as soon as possible.

"I know Vigor isn't the best little brother you asked for, he's jealous of your status and authority but he won't try to harm you." My mother replied, I nodded rubbing my palms together.

"My brother, is also a hypocritical prick that only desires the throne." I said standing up, she was looking at me asking me to explain more.

"What I'm saying is, I want to fasten this procedure, I don't want trouble with him mother. The sooner I get the throne, the safer it is." I explained trying to convince her as best I could, she made a thinking face with her hand under her chin.

"And what makes you think, you're suitable to reign Vega. What gives me the reassurance that you won't betray me?" After she asked me that, I didn't find my words to answer her because that was my plan to overthrow her. But since I'm pretty good at controlling my emotions I smiled at her.

"Mother, if I wanted to betray you. I would have the second I got here. You and I both know you're sick, that's why you needed me back here as soon as possible" I said folding my arms in front of me, my mother has been milking starla's powers and no not like that you dirty minded bastards.

The machine where Starla is locked is also a power exchanging machine, so every last day of the week my mother injects herself with the liquid extracted from Starla, she wanted to get as powerful as the queen but of course my mother's body wasn't compatible so she started getting sick, throwing up and passing out after her sessions. Even after that, she didn't want to stop she was still power hungry and she knew very well it was killing her slowly.

"I know Vega, in two day period we'll wake Starla, it also matches with my session I'll try to get as much of that extract" she said softly scratching her forehead, I nodded and made my way to the door but her next words made me stop.

"Make sure the princess is dead before that" my heart dropped at her order,

I exited from her room quickly not answering her, my legs were moving by themselves until I found myself heading to Juno's cell. I saw Theo leave the room with her gloves off, I gave her a confused look. She bowed slightly and left, I walked closer to the cell and saw Juno standing with her back turned to me.

I pushed the open button unlocking the door and stepped inside, she turned to look at me surprised but her stunned face soon turned into disappointment. Her cheeks were red and she looked like she was trying to catch her breath.

Everything was adding up, Theo leaving the room with her gloves off, Juno's messy hair and flushed face. I felt my chest tighten in jealousy and I knew my anger was showing, the lines on my body were glowing and I'm sure she saw them.

"What do you want?" She asked annoyed while fixing her hair, I bit inside my cheek to hold myself from asking what was going on between her and Theo.

"In two nights we'll be awaking Starla, my mother will announce your execution so I'm here to warn you" I said in a low voice, her eyes held surprise but she didn't know what to say.

"Here you are warning me, what is it that I can do? Huh? Nothing, I'm locked up here Vega. I'm useless" she replied anger laced with every word she spoke, I sighed sliding my hand inside my pocket. I grabbed the small metal object and pulled it out.

"That's why, I'm giving you this Juno. When the guard brings you to the throne room, I'll give you the signal and you unlock your cuffs" I explained taking a step closer to her,

"My mother won't be there for the execution she'll be busy trying to steal Starla's power, I'll take care of Vigor while Cheryl will take care of uncuffing Gaia." She was still staring at me trying to figure out if there's a lie in my words and when she didn't find any she went to grab the key but I pulled my hand away.

"What's going on between you and my guard?" I found myself asking out of curiosity and jealousy. She rolled her eyes and tried to take the key from me but I pulled my hand up where she couldn't reach.

"What I do with my pussy is none of your business, now give me that key" she replied in an annoyed tone, I leaned closer to her face with a almost evil smile.

"Watch me...kill every single person you show interest in." I threatened, she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and backed away.

"Don't you fucking dare Vega" she said obviously fearful for that guard's life, does she really like her that much? She's scared that I'll kill her? She doesn't even know her for long.

"For now, stick to the plan. As for Theodora, I'll deal with her later" I threw the key to Juno and she caught it, I turned to leave but I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me back.

"If anything happens to the guard Vega, you'll have to kill me to stop me from killing anything that has a heartbeat in this castle" she threatened, I smirked and yanked my arm from her grip leaving the cell. Theo was walking back to her position, when she saw me she bowed respectfully and I bumped into her shoulder hard.

I'll deal with her when I'm finally queen...

****************************************
Hello my friends! I hope you're doing well, here's an update, hopefully you enjoyed it.

Also please tell me what you think so far...

Have a good day!

Muah

-S