Chapter Twelve

I have no weapon this time so how do I deal with these guys? I looked around and saw some empty soup cans. Can I use these to distract them? I took one, went downstairs, and threw the can in the opposite direction to where I wanted to go and they followed the noise. I walked into the room I wanted to go in where I heard loud sobbing.

I walked further in to see an ink person with a single candle behind a sort of cage. The more I find them, the more I feel bad for them. I had to leave him alone and look for this switch. I walked further down the hall to find the next switch and a recorder. I flipped the switch and looked at the recording. It was by someone called Lacie Benton;

'The only thing that works here is my ulcer. Half these people don't know a wrench from a dang steamroller. Bunch of morons is what they are. Spend their day in the warehouse arguin' over who's supposed to be doin' what or playing these silly games. Still, I'm not complainin'. I get most of my time to myself. Suits me just fine. The only thing that bothers me is that mechanical demon in the corner. Bertrum's been working on it for a month now. Says it will walk someday and maybe dance. All it does now is give me the creeps. I swear, when my back's turned... that thing is movin'.'

I don't know who in the world he is but I don't like the sound of the thing moving on its own. Well, I best go before I get caught by the Butcher Gang. I took the first empty can I saw and sneaked to the edge of the doorway. I threw it, they ran after it, and I left. But there was another doorway across from me when I threw that can. What's in there?

I knocked over a can to get the Butcher Gang's attention away from that door and went back downstairs. But it didn't last long so I took an empty can, threw it across the room, and then went to the other door. In there was another switch so I used it, grabbed a can, and got ready to escape again. But, before I could throw it, I got caught. Out of panic, I threw the can before running up the stairs.

They didn't follow so I just walked out of the room and flipped the switch at the haunted house. I followed the wire to another open door and walked through, down another hallway. In this new room, I saw one of those octopus rides that bring you up and down. It wasn't designed as one but you get the concept. On a desk was a recording from Bertrum again;

'The biggest park ever built, a centerfold of attractions. Each one, more grand than the one before it. It makes my eyes come to tears at the thought. But then... oh Mister Drew. For all your talk of dreams, you are the true architect behind so many nightmares. I built this park. It was to be a masterpiece! My masterpiece! And now you think you can just throw me out? Trample me to the dust and forget me? No! This is my park! My glory! You may think that I'm gone, but I'm still here!'

While the recording was playing, the ride suddenly lit up and came to life. I backed up as the doors of the ride opened to reveal a giant head! Is that Bertrum? What the hell happened to him?! The ride started to spin while the seats moved slightly. He soon stopped and broke the desk in front of me revealing an ax underneath. I grabbed it and waited for him to stop moving. When he did, he hit his arms on the floor before just leaving them flat on the ground.

There were parts keeping the ride together so I used the ax to chop the pieces off. But I couldn't get them all as he started to move again. I backed off and waited for him to stop again. This would continue on for a good three minutes with me getting smacked around by the seats if I didn't get out of the way in time. But, after a lot of attempts, all four arms came off but the body of the ride kept spinning until Bertrum gave up and his head went limp.

The doors that were showing the head closed and a new door opened up. I went over to the door and flipped the switch that I needed. One more to go. Well, now I know what happened to him. I left the room and flipped the switch at the house. I heard the last door open so I found it and went through. It lead to a downstairs area where a small pool of ink covered the ground. Not only that, here's the Projectionist again.

This will be fun. I walked downstairs to see Bendy-themed trains and an upstairs area that I couldn't get to. There was a gate blocking the way up. I quietly followed behind the Projectionist and looked for a way to raise the gate. I did see a recording from Joey, however. I play it in a minute. I moved on and found the switch to open the door.

I flipped it but that got the attention of the Projectionist. I ran for the stairs with the Projectionist hot on my tail. I ran up the stairs and started looking for the switch that I needed. I found it, thankfully, and flipped it causing the lights to turn off. And the Projectionist had disappeared. Still weary, I went back downstairs and listened to the recording from Joey;

'I believe there's something special in all of us. With true inner strength, you can conquer even your biggest challenges. You just have to believe in yourself and remain honest, motivated, and above all, who you really are. Ok, let's stop it right there. I can only do so many takes of this trash a day. And tell the guys in writing I want more use of the word dreaming in every message. Keep railing on that, get it? Dreaming! Dreaming! Dreaming! People just eat up that kind of slop. Hmm, what? It's still on? Well, turn it off, damn it!'

What in the world? This isn't the Joey I remember. I made my way back up to the main area. That's when the Projectionist showed up and I ran for the hiding booth. I hid in there but the Projectionist didn't leave. He tried to open the door when Bendy suddenly showed up! Not now! But what surprised me what that the two got in a fistfight until Bendy grabbed the Projectionist by the shoulders and ripped his head off! He threw it at the booth and looked at me. I feared the worst until he just took the Projectionists body and left. What the hell was that?!