Chapter Fourteen

We were laying on the bed in our cell when we heard this other Alice humming. Though we want to call her Allison since there was an Allison Pendle who replaced Susie as Alice Angel. It would make sense as to why they are two Alice's. We got up out of the bed and walked over to the gap in the wooden boards keeping us in.

"I know that song," I said

"Everyone knows that song. Who are you two? Why are you two here?" Allison asked

"I was invited by an old friend and I brought my sister along because she loves Bendy and all the characters... and now we can't leave."

"Then you two know more than we do. One minute, we don't even exist. Just... thoughts... And the next minute... this place."

"Are you gonna let us out of here?"

"Down here, strangers aren't good things. How can we trust you two? We don't even know what you two are."

"My name is Maddie. I used to work here. I gave Joey the idea for Bendy for my little sister Emma to watch."

"I... I honestly don't know my name... so they call me Alice. But I'm no angel. You two go back and rest. We'll talk again later."

We went back to bed and just sat there. It wasn't long later when Allison told Boris that she would be gone for a few hours and to keep an eye on us while she was away. Boris would just watch us from a chair, banging his ax in his hand constantly. I don't think he likes us. When Allison came back, she gave us some pieces of paper, an ink well, and a quill to keep us occupied.

We would just draw Bendy, Boris, and anything else we could think of. When Allison gave us food later on, Boris didn't let us eat it. He just tossed it away before leaving the room. Rude. Sometime later, we were just watching Allison paint on the walls. Is she the one leaving all of those messages?

"I know you two are watching me, it's just... a little creepy," Allison said

"You're the one that writes on the walls," Emma said

"We all do. For some little souls down here is the only way they can be heard. But you two don't want to touch the ink for too long! It can claim you two... pull you two back. That's how I met Tom. I was messing with things I shouldn't have been and he... he was here."

"Why do you call him Tom?"

"He just seems to respond to it."

"Well, I don't think he's very fond of us."

"Let me show you two something. A while back, I was mapping out one of the upper levels when I noticed something reflecting off a piece of glass. I held up the glass, looked through and the wall behind me was a hidden message! Right there in plain sight! So I kept looking... and I found more hidden messages everywhere in the studio! But you two can't see them with your eyes. Only through this! Take a look!"

We took the glass and started looking through it. Allison had a halo over her head now and behind her on the wall was a message saying 'she will leave you two  for dead'. That's reassuring.

"I don't know who's leaving them, but I think they know how to get out of here," Allison said

"What does it all lead to?" I asked

"Nowhere. I followed them for a long time... just leads me in circles," We put the glass down, "I don't think I am meant to leave this place, Maddie and Emma. But maybe, you two are."

"Alice, please let us out of here."

"Tom thinks you two are dangerous."

"And what do you think?"

"I-I think you two are the hope are we waiting for. Go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow will be better."

We just took a nap. When we woke up, Allison was scolding Tom for leaving because Bendy saw him. Now it was only a matter of time until he finds us here. She waved at us before going back to fixing Tom's arm. And he still didn't like us. We went back to our nap when we were woken up by a loud bang. We got up to see Allison and Tom outside our cell.

"We can't leave them here! Not with the Ink Demon right outside the door!" Allison told Tom

"What's going on?" Emma asked

"He's coming. We have to move on!"

There was another bang so Allison asked Tom to help her get us out. She started trying but Tom put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head. Allison apologised and ran out with Tom! Well, the message on the wall was right. She will leave us for dead. We looked through the glass and looked around our cell. The walls said things like, 'it's in the vault', 'let me out of here', and 'so many questions'.

Our bed even had a coffin on it. But the stuff on the wall gave us a hint on how to get out. An arrow on the wall pointed to a spoon and told us to take it. We did and it opened a secret door to a toilet. We looked through the glass again and it pointed to the toilet telling us to look inside. We opened the lid to see a pipe inside. I took it and used it to leave our cell at last. We walked out of the open door and went to follow the two but they were already gone. Great.

On our way down the hallway, an ink creature popped up but I bashed him back into his puddle. And that's what we dealt with all the way down the hallway while occasionally looking through the glass for any messages on the wall but there was nothing. At the end of the hallway, we saw a boat dock and a boat leaving down a large pipe. That has to be them. We released the last boat into the ink and claimed aboard.

We pressed a button to make it go and used a lever to go. And, goodness, this was slow. We got to a larger area but the boat stopped because something was stuck in the paddlewheel. I used the pipe to clear it when we heard something come out of the ink. It was a giant hand. There was a boat near it which the hand took and made it disappear.

I quickly cleared out the paddlewheel and Emma started the boat again, leaving this area. The paddlewheel would continue to get jammed and the hand kept following us so we had to move quickly. We just wish the boat was faster so we didn't have so much anxiety about this oversized hand. But, thankfully, we made it to a dock before the hand could get us.