🌸 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟 🌊

Liyue pavillion. Childe closed his eyes and smiled as he breathed in the savory scent of Liyue dishes. Of course- nothing could compare to the meals back at home- but this, the finest the city of contracts had to offer- was enough to satisfy his hunger. "You okay Y/N?" He whispered, tilted his head towards the basket on his back. "Mhmm..." He smiled softly. Scaramouche stared at him. "Is this really the best idea you could think of?" He muttered. "Seriously, do you really have to carry that thing around with you? Why not just leave it at the inn?" Childe shook his head. "No," He replied firmly. "Y/N and I- will not be seperated ever again. Where she goes, I go." Scaramouche frowned. "Well," He sighed, pinching his nose with his fingers in annoyance. "Whatever you want."

"But really," He continued as they entered the restaurant. "Are you sure this is a good idea? You're bringing a demon into a place full of people- Teyvat's most significant political figures. Some of them are archons, and adepti, and all of them are vision wielders!" He could almost imagine the traveler and her brother's sarcastic eye rolls at Scaramouche's statement. "What if they find out?" Childe shrugged. "That won't happen. And if it does then we just tell them the truth." Scaramouche snarled. "Correction: You tell them the truth. Don't rope me into the mess you're making for yourself." Childe just shrugged, flashing a charismatic smile to a pair of gossiping wattresses on their break. They both turned a fiery shade of red, and burying themselves into each other in embarrassment. Scaramouche wrinkled his nose in distaste.

Childe looked up at the large glimmering chandelier in the front lobby. It sparkled and shined as the light from several lanterns hit the pieces, casting rainbows on the surrounding walls. Only the best for the most reknown restaurant in Liyue city. It's prominence even extended outside of the city- which was why it was chosen as the venue for the first day. Y/N stirred inside the wicker basket. He quickly backed into the shadows, and gently rapped his nuckles against the straw. "Y/N," He hissed. "I'm sorry- but I'm gonna need you to be quiet, okay? I know you want to see, but-" "Childe?" He whipped around, eyes wide.

"Ah- Girlie!" He assumed what he hoped looked like a normal position- with one hand propped on his hip- and gave a closed eye smile. "Nice to see you're well!" Lumine frowned as she walked up to stand beside him. "Well that's new. Usually the first thing you would ask for was a spar," She joked. "I missed you this past month. You weren't at the golden house every time I checked- you okay?" Childe laughed heartily. "Oh, it's nothing! Just took a small vacation! You know how things are as a harbinger. All that work, you know?" God. What a weak excuse. Even Lumine didn't seem to buy it. She raised her eyebrows. "Really? The war's over though- you never did much paper work before that either. Shouldn't your work load be less now?" Oh. She had a point. "Well Lumi-" "Get away from my sister, harbinger." They turned.

Aether, Lumine's twin brother- marched up to them, and gave Childe a nasty stink eye. "Don't go corrupting my innocent sister with your filth." Well. He hadn't had much interactions with Aether- after Lumine had managed to defeat the unknown god and purge her brother of the Abyss's influence. But he was a strong character- and it appeared his "abyss prince" side had merged with his overprotectiveness for his sister. He could almost see the waves of malviolence coming of the blond haired boy as he continued to glare at him. "Aether!" Lumine scolded, grabbing her brother's arm- which was inching towards his sword. "Don't be mean! He's my friend!" Like a switch, the glare on Aether's switch disappeared, replaced with a happy, sweet smile as he faced his sister. "Heh. Sorry Lumi." Childe blinked. Where those flowers circling around his head real? Or was he hallucinating?

"Ah right- Don't call her Lumi." He was back to his old self again. "That's my nickname for her. Find your own!" How childish. Y/N growled, scraping her claws from inside the basket. Oh no. Aether, ever so keen, snapped his gaze towards the sound, and his eyes narrowed. "Is.. what's in there?" He asked suspiciously. "You're not carrying anything dangerous in there, are you?" Childe opened his mouth to reply, but Lumine interrupted. "Oh yeah!" She piped up. "I saw you talking to it a while earlier. It makes me curious!" He stared at her curious eyes, the gold flecks shining under the light. He looked away. "It's- it's uh..." He thought for a moment- his mind scrambling for a response. "It's a cat!" Aether frowned. "Ooh!" Lumine smiled, cupping her face with both hands as she rocked on her heels. "A kitty? Is it cute? Can I see?" She asked excitedly. Childe sweat dropped. If it actually had been a cat, then he would have no problems- but it was Y/N in the basket- so if he let them see- well, Aether already thought he was weird. He had barely mended his relationship with Lumine after the incident with Osial. If they found out he was carrying around what looked like a gagged child around with him on his back- wouldn't that be- "On second thought, never mind," Aether snapped, pulling Lumine with him away and towards a shady looking man with a cape dotted with stars. "But Aether, it's a kitty!" "Yeah, okay, okay, after this, I'll get you as many kitties as you want, Lumi..." "...Really?" "Really." Childe breathed a sigh of relief.