🌸 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘 🌊

Childe didn't remember the last time he had slept. Lumine was a life saver- forcing him to take breaks to eat, and shower, and watching over Y/N while he did. She always looked at him with understanding- and a faint bit of pride. She'd told him before she preferred this side of him, anyway. The one that cared. And he did care. A lot. So much it scared him a bit, actually, he thought.

He sat beside Y/N as she lay in bed asleep. She hadn't woken up since the attack on Liyue city a week ago. He rested his head in his palms, sighing, preoccupying himself with watching the steady rise and fall of Y/N's chest. Part of him was just scared that one day he would come back and Y/N wouldn't be breathing. He recalled something Scaramouche had told him the other day.

"You know," Scaramouche said. "This might be a good thing." The two of them looked down at Y/N as she slept. It was daytime outside, but they had covered the windows with a heavy, dark fabric to block out the sunlight. Childe stared at him questioningly. "What? What do you mean? She's practically in a coma right now." Scaramouche shook his head.

"That's not what I meant. I've been thinking about this for a while and- I think that the demon regains her strength by sleeping, instead of consuming human flesh. It's strange- she's exhausted so much of her energy, and yet she has no desire to kill. Most of them would be starved by now- especially because she healed such a severe wound all by herself." Childe narrowed his eyes. "Her name is Y/N," He said. "You can at least call her by her name." Scaramouche's eye ticked in annoyance. "Seriously? Is that all you got from that?" He shook his head. "You're a lost cause, really. Why am I even here?" Then he left, leaving Childe alone in the room.

So it was a bit reassuring- just a bit- that Y/N was just sleeping to heal herself- not because she was drastically injured. Still. It would give him some peace if she just woke up instead. But if it meant she was getting better... he leaned his cheek on the bed sheets beside her. Then he would wait.

~🌸🌊~

Lumine Viatrix: The traveler from another world

Lumine didn't know how to feel about Childe's new female companion. It wasn't because she was a demon, exactly. That bit of information had failed to faze her- because she had seen even more bizarre things as she had traveled over so many worlds. Aether had agreed with this fact. But it didn't make sense to her, how Childe could cherish the demon as much as he did. After all, she was a strong, worthy opponent- as Lumine herself had witnessed that day in Liyue. If she put herself in Childe's shoes, given his nature- she would be dying to spar with the girl. Just another challenge he wanted to take down and conquer. That was surely what Lumine's relationship with him was. Nothing more than acquaintances- and sometimes, the line between that was blurred and he was more of a complete stranger to her.

But above all her own doubts and worries, Childe's feelings for the girl came first- because he was the one who knew her best. If he- with his trust issues and all- deemed the demon an ally, a friend, then that was that. Which was why she took it upon herself to care for the demon alongside him, because that was what he wanted. And no one else really volunteered.

Aether had stuck to her side like glue (which she appreciated at times) ever since the end of his reign as Abyss prince, saying they needed to make up for lost time. He had, of course, protested against her actions, like the overprotective brother he was. "It's a demon," He had complained. "And it's him. I don't want you dallying around with a harbinger!" To which she had responded, "I just want to help a friend, help a friend! I'm helping him out of the kindness of my heart. Isn't that what you always tell me to do?" Aether stopped for a moment, frowning. Then, she remembered his expression turning into the kind one she had always remembered. "That's my Lumi," He had said sweetly, patting her head happily with one hand. "You're just like an angel, Lumi. That brat really doesn't deserve you," He said, adding in the last bit absentmindedly.