🌟🌙 1𝕶 𝕾𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖑: 𝕻𝖆𝖎𝖒𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 🌟🌙🌸 𝕐/ℕ'𝕤 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕠𝕦𝕥 🌸

A/N btw sry this is late- i came back after 2 days when it was like 800 reads and now its over 1k

This happens slightly before Chap 10 :3

~🌟🌸🌙~

Lying on top of the sandbearer wood bed, Y/N opened her eyes. She sat up straight, blinking as the fatigue from sleep slowly dredged away. With a snap, she raised her arms in front of her, flexing her arms and fisting her hands, the strength of her grip leaving crescent marks in her palms. Unfurling her fist, she inspected her fingers, the dim light from the oil lamp beside her seeping through the gaps between. She rolled her shoulders. She felt better. The pain was gone. She hopped off the bed, turning around in a circle. Hmm? She was alone... she was sure there was someone with her, moments before. His aura was warm. Like the slow tides of the ocean that receded but was always sure to return.

Y/N turned and trotted over to the open window. She peaked outside, shutting her eyes when a gust of wind blew her hair into her face. She whined in discomfort, swiping her tresses away from her bamboo muzzle. There weren't any paper covers on this window. She thought for a moment. Ah! Then maybe... maybe it wasn't a window! Maybe it was a door! Y/N hoisted herself onto the edge, swinging her legs over the edge. Bracing her arms on the frame on her sides, she pushed- and fell.

She let out a confused gasp. Where was the floor? She glanced down, where millions of tiny lights from lanterns and flickering flames from cooking pots flared beneath her. So pretty... Y/N rolled in the air once, before slamming into the ground in an alleyway, feet braced apart and one hand in front of her. She stopped, making eye contact with a cat, it's hair on end as it watched her form inside a wooden crate. It must have been frightened by her sudden appearance from the sky. Y/N reached forward, jumping when the cat hissed back at her. Her fingers twitched, but she still determinedly reached out to pat the cat's head. It froze, but relaxed after a few head pats. Y/N smiled, crouched down on her heels as she continued to rub the cat between it's ears. It was fuzzy, and warm. She pulled pack, scratching the cat under it's chin, giggling softly when it purred. Standing up, she waved goodbye to the cat, who swung it's tail through the air back and forth in return. Y/N turned and headed into the main street. She walked until she was in the center of the road, then stopped to look around.

So many things to see- where should she start? She saw a cart filled with ragged cloth bags roll by. Just as she started to chase it, a nearby vendor selling grilled fish enticed her into trying a sample. She quickly popped it into her mouth under her muzzle, giving the vendor a closed eye smile to show her appreciation. Y/N turned, and headed back out on the street. A hand- a small one- wrapped tentatively around her fingers. She stopped, and turned around, giving the small child that stood behind her a quzzical look. Who was this? She couldn't remember. "Hong dou!" 

A woman wearing a furlined coat and black hair cut short came running towards her. She kneeled down to the child's height, gently but firmly resting her hands on the girl's shoulders. "Hong dou! I told you not to run! Don't you remember I told you to stay close to me?" Hong dou stayed silent. "...Hmm?" The two turned to Y/N. The woman stared at her for a few moments. Y/N shifted, feeling slightly uncomfortable under her gaze. She never liked being looked at. The woman's eyes widened in recognition, and she held a hand up to her mouth in surprise.

"It's you!" She said. Y/N glanced around. The loud tone of the woman's voice was not intentional- but it was attracting the attention of the crowd, nonetheless. Y/N took a tentative step back.  But before she could fully retreat, the woman reach out to take Y/N's hands in hers. Y/N stared down at their entwined fingers, marveling at the warmth that the woman emitted. Emotions of comfort, love, and care. The warmth of a mother. When was the last time- she had felt that? She squeezed tighter. "Thank you," The woman said. Y/N looked up, taken aback at the tears in the woman's eyes. Tears? Why was she crying? Was she sad? "It was you, that day. You were the one who saved us from that collapsed building... if it wasn't for you, Hong dou and I..." A stray tear ran down the woman's cheek. "I can't express my gratitude enough." Ah. Those weren't tears of sadness, after all. Y/N smiled behind her bamboo muzzle.