🌸 𝕬𝖈𝖙 2: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖇𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓 🌊ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

Y/n stood up, glancing around the room, seemingly looking for something. Everyone seemed to be on guard, confused at the sudden show of affection. Lumine shakely got up from her seat. "You... you're up. How are you feeling?" She was the first to break the silence. Several heads turned towards her. Y/N trotted over towards her, the straw sandals on her feet sounding loudly on the wooden plank floor. She stood in front of Lumine, the two girls almost exactly the same height. Without another word, she reached up and happily wrapped her hands around her neck. Lumine froze. From beside her, Aether began to seethe, waves of malcontent rolling off of him, countering the cotton balls of Y/N's happiness floating in the air. "You...." He stood up.

Y/N turned to him, blinking slowly at the slightly taller boy, Lumine slowly raising her hands and returning the girl's embrace. Y/N raised one of her hands- and patted Aether's head slowly, giving him a close eyed smile- or at least, that's what he thought she was doing, behind her muzzle. Aether had tensed visibly, looking like a stone statue with his mouth slightly open, eye's wide in surprise. A faint tint of pink showed on his cheeks. "Hey! Stop that! I said stop!" Childe watched as he repeatedly tried to bat Y/N's hand away, who continued to smile and continue her ministrations. The tension left the room at the cute encounter between the twins and the demon. Childe looked around, hope growing in his chest. "Wait... why are you...?" Lumine looked confused. "Why is she-"

Scaramouche stood up. "Like he said," Scaramouche explained, jabbing a finger towards Childe. "She won't hurt anyone. At least, not a human. She sees them as her family. She won't hurt anyone in Teyvat." Lumine hesitated. "But... Aether and I..." Aether had given up, allowing Y/N to pat him like a disgruntled kitten. "We aren't from Teyvat. We're travelers." Childe shook his head, smiling softly. "It doesn't matter," He said softly. "To Y/N, it doesn't. You're family to her." Lumine was silent for a moment, fisting her fingers in Y/N's kimono. She laughed, a stray tear tracking down her face. Childe's eyes widened. "Y/N! Get- get off- it's rude!" Lumine sniffled, burying her face into Y/N's neck. Y/N stopped, removing her hand from Aether's head (who now looked a bit sad) and patted Lumine's back comfortingly. "Thank you..." Lumine whispered. "Thank you."

Those twins, the demon thought. Twins. A familiar feeling. A nice feeling, in her chest- in her heart. She felt warm.

~🌸🌊~

"Lord Morax-" Xiao stopped, glancing up. Zhongli raised an eyebrow. "Oh- Zhong- Zhongli-sama." His cheeks flushed. It still felt strange, to address his superior so informally. The taller man gave a calm smile, nodding. "What is it, Xiao?" Just like Zhongli insisted he call him by his other name, he addressed him as Xiao. Not Alatus. Because that was who he was, now. "How are we going to proceed?" He muttered, not wanting the people bustling around them to hear their conversation. "That demon. It's the first I've seen in-" "500 years," Zhongli said quietly. "Yes, I know. They've been strangely quiet since the end of the archon wars, haven't they?" It was a rhetorical question. Xiao stayed silent. 

"The first day I laid eyes on a demon..." Xiao whispered. "That was the day... I almost died." Zhongli stared at him, amber eyes glowing under the dim lantern light. "Ah, yes... I remember now. That day- you had sought refuge from a storm, in a cave... tending to your wounds. I recall you were quite shaken." Xiao winced. That was an understatement. He had tried to maul the man when he had attempted to come near. "I was a demon myself," Xiao said, frowning. It was not his proudest moment. His hand twitched, itching to graze his forehead, almost feeling the sharp horn that once jutted out from his scalp. "Yet, despite that, you managed to overcome your past- and became a very honorable adeptus. You- and the many others- have my utmost thanks." Zhongli inclined his head, and Xiao's eye's widened. "L- Zhongli-sama- you really don't need to-" "But I do," Zhongli said, a wistful smile spreading across his face.