🌸 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝 🌊

"Y/N?" Childe opened the flap of yet another medical tent. Upon seeing the young girl squating beside a medical bed, he felt relief flood into his body. "Ah... there you are. Don't run off like that, ok?" He said as he walked up to her. He crouched down beside her. She didn't look at him, instead continuing to pat the young boy shivering in the mattress in front of her. Y/N's eyes were downcast, and she looked sad. "He has a fever, and his parents sadly... passed in the recent accident." Childe turned around to see a man with bright green hair, and what looked like a snake wrapped around his shoulders. "He's been having chills, which is strange as its been rather hot in Liyue city recently. The medicine I prescribed should kick in soon though," He sighed once more. 

Upon closer inspection, the man seemed tired- he had a cheerful air around him, but there were dark circles under his eyes- and his skin looked slightly pasty. He must have been working all day and night. Even the snake looked agitated. "My name is Baizhu. I'm the lead doctor here. Is there... anything you are looking for?" He asked. Childe shook his head. "No, sorry. I'm with the traveler, we wanted to see if we could help out. I was just looking for Y/N here." He gestured to Y/N, who still had not turned around to acknowledge the medic. "Hmm... the traveler you say?" Baizhu glanced over his shoulder to see Y/N. His eyes widened, ever so slightly. "Is that... the rumored she-demon?" Childe tensed.

"...Hmm. How interesting." Baizhu paused a moment to think, before continuing. "Well, yes, your help would be much appreciated. We are very short handed, as you may have seen." Baizhu gave a tightly laced smile. Wait, Childe thought. Baizhu... he had heard that name before. "Hey! You're that guy, aren't you?" Baizhu raised an eyebrow. Childe cleared his throat, feeling a slight embarassment at his sudden statement. "Pardon my outburst. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are Qiqi's guardian? I think we first met at Bubu pharmacy?" Baizhu narrowed his eyes. The white snake's pearly eyes stared at him scrutinizingly.

"Oh yes, you're the gentelman that visited us a while ago, yes... it was shortly before the- ah- incident, wasn't it?" Childe winced, but nodded. "It's a pleasant suprise," Baizhu said. "Is... Qiqi with you?" Childe asked awkwardly. Baizhu hummed. "Well, yes and no. She is here, but not at the moment. Last I saw her, she was bringing violet grass to some of the other tents. She really is helpful, Qiqi." His eyes had a fond look in them. Y/N turned around, seemingly interested as she heard her friend's name.

"Hmm?" She trotted up to Baizhu, stopping before him and staring at him, expectantly. "Oh?" Baizhu crouched down. "It's nice to meet you, little one. What's your name?" Around his shoulders, the white snake inched forward, its forked tongue flicking out and licking Y/N's nose. Y/N jumped, but giggled, reaching forward and patting it on the head. The snake relaxed, its head bobbing languidly as it closed its eyes. "...Her name is Y/N," Childe answered for her. "And uh... she's not very little. She's 18." Baizhu turned to stare at him, puzzled. "18? Really? I could never tell, with this form. Ha- I would have thought, being around Qiqi, who is actually much older than her current form, I would know right away. How interesting... do you know the reasons behind this?" Baizhu gestured to Y/N. Childe shrugged in response.

"I don't know," He answered. "I guess she just likes being like this more?" Baizhu chuckled. "I must admit, I am quite surprised," He said airily. "From the rumors I heard, she's quite a beauty as an adult." Childe felt the familiar bitterness flooding his mouth. "...What?" Baizhu laughed out loud. "Ah, don't give me that look... I truly mean no harm!" He held his hands up in defense. "But my point is, perhaps there is a reason she remains in an adolescent form. Beyond that of personal preferance. It may be a good idea to look into it," He advised. 

Was that true? He glanced down at Y/N, who was playing with the snake, laughing to her self as it coiled around her small wrist. He had never thought much of it, the fact that Y/N was always in her child form. Come to think of it- the realization hit him- Y/N was never able to maintain her adult form for long, other than in combat. Were the two linked? Or was it maybe because... she hadn't consumed any human flesh? He hated the thought of it, the fact that because she was weakened because of it.