Marriage Carnival | 08. Fighting Fears

🎶 Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran.

Bhavna •

"Get the blood test, CT scan, and Chest X-ray of the bed no. 2 patient done as soon as you can. Bring the reports to me, Zunaid." I instructed the intern as I washed my hands in the basin.

He nodded as he jotted them down in a diary, after which he was about to stride away.

"Zunaid, I'll be on leave from next month. So, you guys will be under Dr. Gupta for a month, till I come back. Inform Preeta, Kriti, Sarthak, Rohan, Chandan."

"No, ma'am. Please." He whined, like I expected. It made me laugh on the fact that I lead these bunch of whining kids, who love to stick to me, no matter what. No doubt, these six are indeed too hardworking and dedicated.

"Ma'am, you can't just enjoy a vacation, leaving us to be ripped apart in the lion's den." He complained.

"It's not a vacation, Zunaid. I'm getting married." I laughed at the incredulous look, which captivated his face.

"Really?" He squealed as he typed something on his phone. Just in a minute, all other five reached my cabin, panting.

"Ma'am, Is it true that you're leaving us under Dr. Gupta?" One of them inquired, seriously.

"Yes." I patiently read their expressions. "Does any of you have any problem? If yes, then, I've got another solution." I added.

Hopefully, their eyes gazed into me.

"You can choose between Dr. Heeral Sheikh and Dr. Sangram Gupta. It's upto you." I sighed, giving them options.

"Ek taraf kua, toh dusri taraf khai." Preeta grumbled, while Sarthak exclaimed, "Such a trouble in paradise."

"Choose one and tell me by tonight." I smiled sweetly at them, before leaving for the patient rounds of the day. I walked in a slow pace through the corridors, basking in the memories as there was still ample amount of time left for rounds. A smile glittered on my face on its own accord at how troubled they looked. Poor fellows!

Sometimes being with them, made me reminisce my early PG days with Neha Ma'am. Though I'd love to brag about how much I envy her, still I can never deny how much efforts, she had put in to nurture my dreams. At the end of the day, she is the one, who protected me under her wings from this cruel PG world. The ill-dominating seniors, the sickening work sphere and the evil double faceted people are the part and parcel of medical PG. Something we should get used to. If not, you suffer silently and perish alone or become a rebel and fight till last breath.

In such a dark puddle of this world, she surely was an angel in my life. An angel, who transforms life for better and support you at your lowest. She was an angel, who stole my Prince charming, someone who rightfully belonged to her. Her Surfraaz. My Shay.

Love is painful, indeed.

"Sorry" I heard a loud whisper as someone bumped into me.

"I am so sorry." She murmured again, picking up the whole set of papers, which fell off her bag and from my hold.

"Here's your papers." She handed me my file after pinning the stick impeccably to the file while, she smiled at me. Her unseen most beautiful pair of baby blue eyes gazed into me, where she perhaps put efforts to make it look that exceptional in those thin winged black eyeliners and silver eye liner in the nook of her eyes.