Marriage Carnival | 20. Recherché

🎶 Dooriyan by Mohit Chauhan

• Rihaan •

I exhaled.

Her smell still lingered around me. I could feel her arms still wrapping me tight. Everything that transpired between us still sedated me to a state of absolute bliss. It was heaven; something I was already craving to explore more. To go beyond limits. To know no inhibitions. The craze to make her mine at this instant was maddening me. Those eyes that were seeking me to devour her were fogging my thoughts.

I wanted her. So bad.

After a cold shower, I walked out in a towel as I wiped my arms in another towel. I assumed her to be asleep as she laid on bed facing the other bed, now completely dressed. But, the slight twitch of her body indicated otherwise. I shook my head at her pathetic act of pretending to be asleep.

I walked to the cupboard and wore a trouser along with a vest, then, sat next to her supine figure on the bed. I inclined a little to caress her hair and pressed my lips on the side of her forehead. I hoped to see her smile at me, while she continued her drama.

"Rest a little, bub. Then, we will go and eat out." I whispered, enveloping her in my arms.

I sat beside her as I calmed myself down again as her proximity again excited my nerves. To distract myself, I picked up my phone and I was alert the next instant. There were several calls from Sam.

As I opened her texts, I saw her asking me to see her now. It seemed like an emergency.

"Bub" I called her out as I kept my phone aside.

"Bub, I need to go now. You rest a while. I'll be back soon." I said as I tersely caressed her hair.

"Where?" As I was about to reach my cupboard to get another pair of formals, I heard her hushed voice.

"To the company, bub." I whispered.

"Is it?" She sighed, making me frown at the bitterness in her tone.

"Yes, Bhavna. I'm going the company. Something needs my presence urgently." I sighed, explaining her as she sat facing the other side, stubbornly.

"Something or someone needs your presence right now?" She whispered as she stood up from the bed, her red misted eyes glazing at me.

"What's wrong with you, Bhavna?" I sighed again, holding her shoulders gently.

"Don't lie on my face, Rihaan. Don't. I know, you are going to her right now." She struggled to tame her breaking voice as her breaths were ragged.

Her?

Which her was she talking about?, I wondered.

It was when it striked me, she meant her as Samaira. Thereafter a dilemma paralysed my senses for a while. Did she even trust me?

"Who do you mean by this 'her'? Is it Sam?" I whispered, trying to know her assumptions and explore her doubts. Tell me, Bhavna!

The way her fist tightened was enough proof to conclude that my assumptions were true.

"Tell me, Bhavna." I raised her chin up as I encouraged her to look into my eyes.