Marriage Carnival | 11. Love Quintessentials

🎶 Till Forever Falls Apart by Ashe.

Author •

"I was waiting for you." She was engulfed in his intoxicating cologne as soon as she crossed the hospital lawn to reach her car, parked nearby.

His presence acted as a direction to her disoriented thoughts. Her brain was haywire, so were her thoughts.

"You're here?" Bhavna could barely utter, seeing him smile at her. Her fingers inched towards his now shaved jaw but, her latent guilt ceased her movements.

His fingers clasped around her palm, that had abruptly stopped midway as he leaned to kiss her both palms.

"I never knew my fiancè had a short term memory." He remarked, making her shake her head.

"Didn't I tell you that I would be here to pick you up?" He spoke, grabbing her hand as they crossed the road together to reach his car.

"Kaka, take that black car and leave it at Das Residence. Then, reach back home by a metro or bus or auto, whatever you get." Rihaan categorically explained his old driver, who nodded.

Taking the car keys from Bhavna, Rihaan handed him the responsibility of Bhavna's car along with few currencies to cover his travel back home. The driver was humbled by his gesture as he made his way to the black car, neatly parked at a corner.

"Are you there?" Rihaan playfully nudged Bhavna, who seemed to have drifted off.

"What's up with you? You are behaving a little weird." He posed the questioned, seeing her so distanced.

"Stop the car, Rihaan." The whirlpool of emotions playing with her senses, made Bhavna suffocated.

The car abruptly came to halt with a screech as his feet pressed the breaks, alarmed and concerned. The next moment he heard the car door being banged loudly.

Jumping out of the driver's seat, he glanced at her, sitting on the cemented floor under a voluminous tree. The dry leaves scattered all over symbolised her emotions quite well. Scattered and messy.

"Bhavna, what's wrong with you? Will you tell me something?" A bewildered Rihaan tried his best to tend to her but, he was failing at his every trial.

"Why are doing so much things for me?" She gathered all her strength to ask him.

"You are overwhelming me. We know each other only for a span of two months, but this attachment and attraction is terrifying me. Why if you stop caring for me in future? What if I'm left abandoned? I don't know why, but this thought keeps nagging me. I am afraid, Rihaan." She sighed, rubbing the remnants tears, straining her face as he supported her shivering body.

"What do you want me to do to comfort you?" Rihaan gently questioned her, wiping her face and kissing her eyes.

"Live with me." She croaked out, childishly pressing her face more into his chest.

"Isn't that why we are getting married in two weeks? So that we can live together in a room, eat together and be each other's roommate along with life-mate." Rihaan whispered in her eyes, cooing her like a baby.

"No. Two weeks is long." She complained, grumbling. She sighed.

"Let's spend the next two days together." She proposed with her puppy eyes as she clasped her hand with him. Silence befell them as he leaned into her ears again.