3

Y/n's POV:

Another Monday and I really want to go home and read this week's letter, I never thought I would actually be excited for a letter from a criminal but  writing to Kazutora and reading his responses became very comforting for me it felt like I knew that person a long time ago already.

We talked about random things nothing too deep, I actually got excited when he asked about my favorite books and I started listing different books and even describing some of the plots of said books to him, that letter was so embarrassingly long it was about two and a half pages, but it felt nice to talk openly about something that I like without being scared that the other person might find it lame.

He then responded that he actually found some of the books I talked about at the library of the juvie and that he will give them a try, it made me so happy and also a bit nervous that he won't like them cause they are mostly romantic or drama, we talked about music and favorite food never really going deeper than this, I won't lie I was really curious about Kazutora's past life and friends, why did he kill those two people, what happened to him and why he doesn't like being called by his last name?

But I didn't find the courage to ask any of those questions, not until I heard what our teacher said at the end of the class today.

"Please remember that next week is the end of the letter exchange assignment make sure you submit your report to me by the end of next week's lesson"

I heard a few groans from some of the students including Haruka which made me giggle.

"Seriously! What should I write in this report?" She said.
"Well it wouldn't have been a problem if you actually wrote a letter to the guy you were assigned to" I shrugged.
" I did! But all he talked about was food and his bike"
I laughed "well why don't we write the reports together then? I'm sure we can write something if we thought about it"
"Omg! Yes yes let's write together! I'll come with you to your place on Friday after school, how is that?"
"Sounds good for me" I said and haruka's mood was lifted once again.
"Oh you haven't told me, how was your guy? Was he as crazy as we thought?"
"First he isn't "my guy" second it's You who thought that" I corrected her and she just rolled her eyes "and not really Kazutora is actually a nice guy I had fun talking to him".
"Well, why would a "nice guy" kill TWO people?" She asked.

I didn't respond to that, I didn't have an answer as well.

After school:

I went home and checked the mailbox and there was Kazutora's letter, I took it and went to my room to read it.

Dear y/n,

I finished reading the book you recommended, I have to admit that I never would have picked this book on my own but I actually enjoyed it a lot and I would appreciate it if you recommended for me some more books, time in juvie passes so slowly and reading really helps with that, I included a list of songs recommendations like you asked, I'm not sure if you will like them but I hope you do.

I'm looking forward to your next letter, and I hope you are doing well.

Sincerely,
Kazutora.

After I finished reading his letter I felt very happy, he liked the story and even asked for more, I was actually a bit nervous about his opinion so that was a relief, I checked the other paper included in the letter which contained the list of songs, and didn't recognize any of those songs.

"I'll listen to them while I write my letter" I mumbled.

I took a shower and changed my clothes first, then I sat on my disk searching for the songs on the list and creating a playlist to listen to while I write.