27

Y/n's pov:

"Wow.... I'm speechless" said senju eyeing my paper ring "I mean I expected him to say he likes you but this ... Wow"

I smiled touching the ring carefully "I won't lie I didn't expect this as well".
"So, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"All I can say is that I'm the happiest but also really really nervous"
"Why is that? I thought everything will be smooth now that both of you know what relationship you have" she asked while sipping her ice coffee.

"Well, true but ..." I paused twirling my straw in my drink "I don't know how I should act now, what should I write in my letters, and when we meet next break what should I do? How should I act?"

"You haven't been in a relationship before, haven't you?"
"Well, Yea but you didn't have to say it like that"

She sighed "just act naturally don't make it awkward, talk to him in your letters just as you did before and act like your normal self you don't need to change the way you act just because you are in a relationship now"

"It's easier said than done" I took a sip of my drink.
"You already acted like lovers with the letter exchanging and all, even the way you wrote to each other was sus"

"No we didn't!"
"Yea yea keep convincing yourself with that" she grabbed her bag and stood up "we should get going, lecture is about to start".

.............................................

Two days later:

"Why is it so hard to write a letter?!" I sighed eyeing the trash can filled with discarded papers.

"Just a natural short letter, I can do that"

Dearest my Kazu,

Sorry if this letter reaches you a bit late I had some quizzes and needed to study for them, and I'm sorry it took so long for me to notice how you feel.

The ring is so beautiful, I'll cherish it for the rest of my life and hopefully we can look at it together a few years from now when you are finally free.

It's a pity I can't wear it all the time like the necklace since it might get ruined but I'm keeping it safe with the rest of your letters, I sometimes take it out and wear it for a minute or so then put it back.

I'm going to wait patiently for you kazu, so don't worry I'm not going anywhere.

You know we never talked about this topic before, what are you planning to do once you get out?

Whatever it is make sure you count me in cause I wanna be by your side, I hope I made you smile with this letter cause your letters always make me smile.

Love,
Your Y/n.

finally being satisfied with this letter I decided to go to bed and send it the next morning hoping I would dream of kazu since I can't see him right now.

.............................................

Kazutora's pov: two weeks later:

"Strange, her letter is a bit late this time" I mumbled as I sat in my cell.

Normally her letter will get delivered after three to four weeks but it's been more than four weeks since I sent my letter.

Didn't she like the ring? Was it too much?

I mean some would say it's too early but I was eager I wanted to show her how much I truly love her.

I hope I didn't scare her away.

In the middle of my mini panic session I heard the officer call my name and handed me a letter which made me calm down once I saw the address of the sender.

I quickly tore the letter open and started reading, a small smile forming on my face and expanding to become a full grin.

Only y/n can change my mood this way just by her words.

"Hmm, plans after leaving here" I thought, actually I thought about it for a while before but I wasn't sure what should I actually do.

What I'm 100% sure of that I won't return back to any gang, I can't risk coming back here once more especially with y/n in the picture now.

Then I remembered an encounter that happened a few months ago, one nerve wracking encounter actually.

It started with a visit I didn't expect, first I thought it was draken but was surprised when I saw another black haired guy.

Flashback:

"We haven't personally met before but I feel like I owe you a visit".

I sat down in silence looking down at my hands on my lap, I didn't dare meet that guy's eyes, I could feel ghosts from the past flashing in front of my eyes whenever I looked at him.

"I deeply apologize for what I did, I truly regret it"
"Everyone else forgave you even Mikey, I didn't understand it at that time how could they easily forgive you"

Still looking down I said "no words can truly express how regretful I am, I was a terrible friend-"
"But now I can see that Baji San won't be happy if his two closest friends hated each other, so kazutora, I forgive you"

Tears filled my eyes and streamed down my face "thank you, I'm sorry I'm really sorry chifuyu".

It took me a few minutes to collect myself, I was prepared for curses and screaming for a lot of terrible things but forgiveness was something I didn't really expect from chifuyu.

"I came here because I wanted to offer you something" he said.
"Me?"
"Yes, when will you get out of here?"
"After about 6 years maybe, why is that?"
"I'm currently studying veterinary, and once I graduate I'll open up a pet shop, not many places are welling to hire someone who was in jail so... When you get out of here, you can help me with that shop"

"Are you sure?" I asked surprised by this generous offer.
"It would make Baji San happy" was all he said.

The office announced the end of the visit.

"I'll come visit you from time to time, see you later, Kazutora"

End of flashback

A/n: hey babes, so I'm actually a bit lost right now I'm not sure when should I end this story I mean I know how it will end I just don't know when and I don't want it to get boring and long so do you have any suggestions?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a great day/night and love you all❤️❤️