C H A P T E R T E N

[PS: I HIGHLY SUGGEST REREADING ;)]

I think I may be in over my head

Or at least that's what the rational and logical part of my brain says, trying to knock some sense into me after I already agreed to this.

Maybe I should have suggested we meet up at my place instead of his, you know so there would be less distractions—or opportunities to end up in compromising positions since I seem to be a magnet for those when it comes to him.

I'm fully blaming this on my wine induced blur for making some questionable decisions. 

Case in point, I'm mentally pepping myself up before I have to get out of my car. I need this class, this grade to stand out on my grad school applications  and he's ridiculously smarter than I gave him credit for so everything should be fine.

I shut off my car and gather my bag and the emergency set of clothes I keep in my car, stuffing them in my bag.

I had no time to go home and shower before I rushed out the door and headed over to Jaxson's place. I'm starving and probably radiate the fumes of aseptic spray and cleaning materials of the university hospital.

I'm still in my scrubs that they gave us, as a part of the new student orientation process for my internship. They're an all black set with white embellishments along the sleeves and pants with the university logo on it were required to wear. I even bought a brand new pair of hokas just for this after looking up different recommendations on the internet.

Needless to say I was beyond prepared, but I'd be lying if I said my nerves weren't through the roof and I was thinking that somehow I was going to mess up on the first day. It just finally feels like some of my hard work is starting to pay off especially with everything going on lately.

I double check making sure I locked my car before knocking on the front door making sure I also grabbed my phone when I hear the front door opening. I'm met with a pair of hazel eyes and a familiar lazy grin.

"I was starting to think you weren't going to show up Carter"

Jaxson says he's in a fitted black t-shirt that hugs his large frame perfectly, showcasing the hints of black ink inching up his arm and a pair of gray nike joggers. It's entirely more distracting than I would like to admit or how incredibly endearing the sleepy sated look looks on him.

Concentrate Evan.

I look at my phone trying to distract myself before I notice the time before I say, "it's 9 o'clock" I say, as he opens the door wider for me to come in as I slide past him. "And I told you I was going to be late"

"I know" He smiles, "but you seem like the type to be a stickler for punctuality"

I roll my eyes, "too bad I need a good grade in this class and it looks like I'm stuck with you for a partner, so I call it compromising"