C H A P T E R O N E

If I could ask the universe of one thing, it would be for the ground to swallow me whole and not spit me back up

If I could ask the universe of one thing, it would be for the ground to swallow me whole and not spit me back up. If Ever.

Standing here in front of the full length mirror in my room, reflection staring back at me. I can't help to not recognize the girl in the mirror, because there's no way in hell I'm wearing this out tonight. As soon as Hannah knocked on my bedroom door, grinning widely, I knew it was trouble.

Handing me a plastic covered costume, I informed her I was in need of. Considering she and the girls were out shopping for one of their own, for the annual Sigma Chi homecoming costume contest tonight on Greek Row. But this, this is not what I expected when she said she had it covered. I'm pretty positive she skipped right past the costume store, and found herself in the lingerie section of Victoria Secret. And considering all the viable options, this is the most likely answer in the scenario. Which in all honesty doesn't surprise me anymore at this point.

Hannah Anderson, has been pulling me out of my comfort zone since I met her three years ago at freshman orientation here at the University of Central Oregon. Paired in the same small group breakout session, she was the only one overly eager to participate in group activities. While the new age anxiety that comes with moving away from home made me nervous as hell, she could practically feel it radiating off me, going out of her way to introduce herself. And finding out we were paired as roommates for the overnight stay was a blessing in disguise, and we've been conjoined at the hip since.

If I'm being completely honest, I don't know how we've managed to stay friends this long, we're complete opposites. I'm more of a "let stay in and have a girls night" while she's "the life of the party". I guess this is the universe's way of saying "live a little", considering my college experience wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for her pulling me out of my dorm freshman year, encouraging me.

"Yeah no, I don't think I can wear this tonight." I exclaim, looking back at my best friends.

There's no way I can pull this off, the corset style black lace bodysuit, leaves little to the imagination as it sheers towards the bottom.  Hugging me in places, I didn't even know I had. It has so much padding, my average B cup breast, looks more like a C. Pairing it with some black thigh high socks does little to hide the fact that my ass is hanging out. Complete with a pair of Maya's five inch "fuck me" heels that I can barely walk in sober, let alone drunk. Which reminds me to bring changing shoes.

This is one broken ankle waiting to happen.

"And why not?" Hannah says, eyeing from her crouched position on the floor, giving a once over of approval before going back to add loose curls to her platinum blonde hair.

"You look hot, I don't see the problem?"

"The problem is, this is not a costume. This is not what I meant when I said find something cute" I exaggerate. "Didn't know I signed up to be on the cover of the October Issue of Playboy".