C H A P T E R E L E V E N

"Fucking Unbelievable"

I say through clenched teeth, grabbing the hem of my jersey wiping off the sweat prespiring down my forehead as I watch the time tick down, as the ref blows his whistle–signaling that Utah's head coach just called a timeout.

Were down two points with twenty five seconds left in our season opener against Utah.

The officiating of this game is ass–bogus fouls and penalties that were questionable as fuck started to mount against us is only fueling my growing frustrations.

Fuck this.

Everything happened so fast as I watched our lead slowly start to chip away until it was cut in half til it was down to a one point game since the refs started inserting themselves.

Calling a flagrant foul on Nate nearly five minutes into the second for going at with Zach Crawford, Utah's best defender –effectively sitting him for the rest of the game.

Things have been tense and heated the entire game and hit its peak when Zach hit Nate on the back of the head on the rebound. Sending him to the ground hard, only for the refs to turn a blind eye to the dirty play. It took me and Reese to grab Nate before things could escalate, but the refs caught Nate shove him.

Now we're down our best defenseman and have to rotate in one of the freshman guards.

I'm about to blow a fuse and add in the fact that I can't get rid of  the taste of strawberry tainted lips, blue eyes and brown hair out of my head–isn't exactly helping.

And the girl i fucked the other night didn't help either—as fun as a meaningless hookup is, she wasn't the one i was picturing beneath me.

I shouldn't have touched her and I definitely shouldn't have kissed her because Evan Carter left me wanting more.

She felt good in my hands–against me as she straddled my waist. There was no hiding my hard on as she grind her body against me as I coaxed soft moans out of her–into my mouth. She was close, so close  I could have had her coming with foreplay alone if Nate hadn't interrupted us.

I don't know what i'm doing with her or want it to stop—i don't do this, I don't chase but god this girl, this something about her that's addicting.

I shake my head, running a hand through my hair pushing the sweat matted pieces of my forehead. Tre sits in the seat next to me looking equally as pissed as he tosses back some water, handing back the unlabeled bottle to the assistant trainer as coach draws out the play on his white board before looking pointedly at me.

"Jaxson you're out for the next sequence, i'm switching you off with Tre as the primary scorer" Coach states firmly, earning an easy protest from me. There's twenty five seconds left and I'm sure as hell not sitting here and watching us lose this game because coach wants to sit me right now.