C H A P T E R T W E L V E : P A R T O N E

I'm in way over my head

Maybe I should have thought this through

No, I definitely should have thought this through

Before I walked out of the bar with the warmth of his hand against my lower back—the feel of his calloused fingers against my skin, his cologne washing over me, sandalwood and spiced citrus surrounding me–over me.

Before I slid into the sleek dark interior of his black sports car.

My brain has been working overtime–analyzing and overthinking—and it doesn't help that we keep touch, teasing gestures really.

My senses are in sensory overload.

When Jaxson initially suggested we get out of there I didn't really think about what the details actually entailed. 

If I'm being honest, the last place I wanted to be tonight is Taylor's — the idea of being in a crowded bar after the team's win over Utah actually sounded like my worst nightmare.

UCOs post game celebrations are a tradition, it's always a good time, but after three years it can become tiresome. I love going out as much as the next girl, but it can be a lot and I'm not the biggest fan of crowded social situations largely due to my anxiety.

I was about to throw on my biggest and comfiest t-shirt and cuddle into my bed and watch trashy re-runs of  reality tv when the girls asked me if I wanted to go out tonight. I could have declined and stayed home, but after submitting for our placements for the first set of rotations for my internship I figured why the hell not. I deserve a drink or two.

I also may have put a little more effort into my outfit than I would care to admit since I knew there was a high chance of us meeting up with the guys while out. Form fitting jeans that do my body justice and a simple long sleeve white cropped sweater.

I guess you could say it did its job, because now we're here...

If you would have told me a month ago I would find solace with the one guy I couldn't be in the same room with for more than two minutes with, I wouldn't have believed you.

Trying to get what happened the other night out of my head has been a losing battle

What would have happened if Nate hadn't interrupted us?

I wanted jaxson against me, over me, on me–everywhere.

His hands, His body.

And the look in his eye said he wanted to give me just that too.

Once we made it to the kitchen I didn't realize how much jaxson actually ordered—it was so much food it could feed a small country. Way too much for the two of us, we invited the guys to split it with us since tre was laying on the couch doing school work while Nate and Keegan played video games.