Part 2: Chapter 6: Taking a trip

Issabella's pov

I should probably help with some of the planning, but what do I know about planning parties? Absolutely nothing! Maybe I can choose the colors and food? Ooo maybe I can design a gown for the occasion? A red or black or even an ombre dress! As I sl...

I should probably help with some of the planning, but what do I know about planning parties? Absolutely nothing! Maybe I can choose the colors and food? Ooo maybe I can design a gown for the occasion? A red or black or even an ombre dress! As I slip off into my thoughts I completely forget my nightmare and all the fears that came with it.

I decide that I'm gonna have a walk around town so I go and put on a plainer outfit, grabed a handful of coins and but them in a clutch purse. Then I grabbed Noah's letters and walked outside my room. There a guard standing outside the main doorway, looks bored as if this job, of standing there, was the most wasteful use possible of his time. I observe him for a few minutes trying to figure out if I should ask him or find another guard, if I could trust he won't try anything. He looks like he's 6 foot, blond wavy hair and brown eyes. I decide he's my best best and I open my door fully and walk towards him and hand him the guard letter. He looks confused for a second but sees the seal of the envelope and masks his expression. He opens the letter and reads it with a mostly blank expression but I can see the curiosity in his eyes when he looks back at me and nods. His posture changes from his previous relaxed stance to standing at attention, back straight and most certainly not bored.

"I suppose you are fine with the job then?"

I ask him, genuinely curious as to how he is going to respond to me. Some guards don't talk unless it's a direct order to, some are very chatty if they believe you are of equal status and others will ignore any pleas from those of lower classes. He just nods, his face still shows very little emotion.

I sigh, "Ok, I don't need to be gone for a long time of anything, nor do I have a particular agenda. I just want to look around town and mabe visit the Preparatory school, are you familiar with either?" He once again only nods. "Ok well if you gave any business you want to complete in town, I'm sure there's time to and no need to waste a trip!" I say cheerfully. No response from the guard comes. I shake the thought of of my head and walk toward the front of the castle where the coaches would be, he follows closely. Well I suppose he's going to take it seriously, that's good.

We get to the front of the castle, the main doors are opened by other guards and I step outside, they look at me suspiciously and at him confused. He sill hasn't relaxed since I gave him the letter over an hour ago. I arrange for a carriage and we both stand in the castle entrance way till it arrives ignoring the looks being sent my way. When the coachman pulls up he swiftly opens the passenger door and holds his hand out to assist me in getting in. I climb into the coach and sit down, the guard visibly hesitates for a moment and then gets in himself posture as stiff as before and sits directly across from me. I ask the driver to take us to the town square near the preparatory school. The ride is silent with the exception of the wheels on the bumpy road. We pass the castle gates and the go down a long narrow road showcasing flower fields and cottages, we passed it all until we reached the center of town square. There weren't a lot of people passing through this early in the morning and since it's mostly commoners that shop here the we stood out a bit.