Chapter 2 - The News

Previously
Mother and I gasp at this news, ' The Prince! Why does he wish to speak with me? Did he learn about the magic or maybe I disrespected a friend of his and he wants to punish me?' The possibilities were endless and none of them ended good. Finally, comprehending the news I was given, I fainted.

I open my eyes to see th inspector and mother looking down at me.
"What happened? "
The inspector replies instantly with pain in his voice, " I told you the Prince wishes to speak with you and you fainted"

With that everything comes rushing back as I try to comprehend the news.

My face fell, I looked up at him and asked, when?
"If possible this weekend"
" I see, please inform him that This weekend would be perfect."
"Of course, it would be my pleasure"

With that he got up and left, I had managed to get myself to a sitting position and with my mother's help we went to my room. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was pulled into a dreamless sleep, leaving me and my thoughts alone.

'The Prince wants to talk, what if he finds out that I am magic!? Magic people are so rare, they are said to be blessed from the gods! If they find me as a commoner they will say I am more of a disgrace than I already am.

People who are magic are out in 3 groups, mana- they can sense the magic of others and can be helpful in battle, to determine your chance against the other side, they are the weakest of the magic groups. Then you have the Martials, they have the power of combat magic and give you an upper edge in combat. They are not as weak as the Mana's. After you have the Elementals and Healers who have the power of the elements (fire, water, earth, air) or healing powers. Elementals and Healers are the second strongest of magical beings. They are highly respected and to insult them can be a death sentence, the only higher are the Chakras, they are considered totals of all beings and have a mix of all the powers. You do NOT disrespect them! They are very rare and the only higher is a royal Chakras. One that is part of the direct royal family. The last Chakras that was known was 100 years ago and a royal was just over 500.

To learn what type of group you are in when you are anywhere between 13 and 15 years old. Your hair changes color, you get streaks of black or white in your hair. The more streaks you have the more respected and powerful you are.

The next morning the day passed as normal,'5 days till my visit with the prince' I sewed a dress that was suitable for me to be in the Prince's presence.

The whole day I thought about my upcoming visit some more but finally decided it was not something I had to be worked up about

The day finally was over and the rest of the week passed just as fast. It was the day to meet the Prince. I am so nervous, what if he doesn't like me! What happens if my training doesn't show and he thinks I am disrespecting him?! It is already a crime to think about disrespecting him but to do it! That would be a death sentence to all accounts! I hope I don't mess this up.

At 10 I started to get ready, I put on my dress and fixed my hair and spent the rest of my time waiting for it to be time for the meeting. At 12 a carriage came to the cottage and brought me to the castle. When I arrived I saw the most beautiful castle I have ever dreamed of and right on the stairs there was a extremely handsome boy who looked to be 18, but in reality was a meager 27 years of age. I realized that This was who I was meeting by the badges on his chest and the guards surrounding him. I gasped, he was so young! He could easily fit in with the kids I go to school with, prim, proper and looks that could kill. All unlike me, I could instantly tell I did not fit in. The coachman opened the door and I stepped out. I walked up to his majesty and bowed.

When I looked up, I looked him in his eyes! 'of all the things I could do! Seriously!!! He is my better, you never look your better in the eyes!, even if you have permission it is the most disrespectful thing I could of done.' So I did the most rational thing that came to mind, I fell to my knees and bowed my head waiting for punishment as I was trained to as a commoner. He told me to raise my head and I did trying my best not to upset him more.

He used his finger to make me look into his eyes and I did. My eyes were full of shame and doubt. He did just what I least expected, he gasped and said, "after all this time I found you again"

His majesty,the Prince pov.

When I saw her come out of the carriage I was surprised by her beauty. She was absolutely gorgeous. She bowed and looked me in the eyes for a split second and I saw so guilt and her nervousness flash in her eyes. She fell to get knees and hung her head. I walked over to her and used my finger to make her look at me, she resisted for a second but finally gave in and looked me in the eyes again. With that I gasped and before I could stop myself I heard me saying, " after all this time I found you again." She was the girl I pledged my life and soul to, and she didn't even seem to know me, I hadn't seen her in 14 years and here she was bowing to me! This was the last place she should be at the very least she should be standing next to me! Well I suppose I will have to discuss this with her and she if she will forgive me. If she didn't I may not be able to live with myself.

Author's note
Thank you for reading this chapter, though it's not required, I would love to hear what you think, so please comment and vote.