Chapter 1

Issabella always knew her place, she was a commoner, a nobody. Isabella didn't know her parents, she was left on the doorstep of an old cottage just past town when she was a year old. This cottage has been home to Isabella and her savior for 14 years.

Isabella's pov.

I am 15 years today. Today also marks the day that I was dropped on mothers doorstep 14 years ago. She looked for my real parents but the were nowhere to be found, luckily for me, she wanted a child. Mothers has no family other than me. So took me in, she gave me food and shelter, and she loved me as if I was truly her own.

We live in a small cottage just passed the edge of town, just in the borders of the kingdom, Everlasting. Today the kingdom is once again mourning for the king, queen and princess. They were killed in a raid from the kingdom, Neverlasting.

The two kingdoms had just ended a 250 year long feud, two years previous to the death of the King, Queen and princes. The war ended when Princess of Everlasting and the Prince of Neverlasting met and fell hopelessly in love, much there parents dismay, and eventually married. This ended the feud and everyone was happy, until they had a child. This is because that child was heir to both kingdoms making her the most powerful child in the land. Some of the people felt that it was unfair that she would later hold both titles and started to attack and rebel against the royal family. This caused panic in the royal couple since there child was still so young. They rarley were seen by the kingdom once the child turned a 8 months old.

Though the silence did not last long, on Princess Isadora's first birthday she had a grand ball and that was when the raid happened, it was just passed 10 when the raid started and by time the guards had got everyone out of the ballroom and into a saferoom the king and queen were found dead and the Princess Isadora was missing. 5 days later she was pronounced dead. I was one when this happened so I don't remember it much but every year I see the aftermath of it.

I live in a world where everyone is part of social classes, you are a royal, nobility or a commoner. I am a commoner the lowest of the low, looked down on by everyone. The lower classes are not very privileged and barely ever get a good education causing them to only get few jobs such as a baker or a farmer. The upper classes, such as the lords ran parts of parliament and other upper class people had jobs such as teachers or really whatever they want. They could do anything within reason. They royals ruled and enforced laws and regulations.

As I said before I am 15 years old as of today but other than that you don't know much about me. Well in short I am short with glowing brown eyes and hair with lightly tamed skin. I love with my mother and my real parents I know nothing about. I am extremely smart and have been excepted into a school for nobility, though I am not. I was homeschooled the first years of my life and was taught how to serve my betters. Being in a real school I would be able to practice my lessons along with being able to better educate myself and at one point maybe even be able to get a job.

I sigh, 'It's not that I am unhappy at my station in life, it just, well, I want to make a difference in the world. I want to be able to help people. But how?' Just then I hear my mother walk into the room as I shape our of my train of thought and force myself to a sitting position on the bed. My mother looks nothing like me, she is fairly tall and has blue eyes and pure gray hair in a messy bun while mine lays across with solders in waves. She tells me dinner is ready and I head to the kitchen to set the table for the two of us. After dinner, mother tells me that she heard the inspector will be paying us a small visit later today and to get the house ready.

With that I jump up and change the empty picture frames to pictures of me and my mother with a wave of my hand, with another wave I change all the rooms to have signs of life and make a few possessions appear around the house. I change the color of my pale dress to a sky blue color and mothers to a deep purple from the brown she was wearing moments before. She sends me a small glare for using my magic to carelessly and I slightly frown in response. Then in the small moment of silence a loud knock is heard from the door and we both jump. Mother goes to the door and I hear her answer...

"Inspector it's lovely to see you again, please come in, is something wrong?"

"No, everything is quite alright Miss Azule, is your daughter here? I have a matter I simply must discuss with her it, it's very urgent." The inspector replies.

With that I step into the that room making myself known, "yes I am here, please come sit down, what is it that you would like to discus?" I ask politely as he sits down across from me and mother.

The inspector looking nervous replies, " His majesty, the Prince would like to speak with you at the earliest convenience."

Mother and I gasp at this news, ' The Prince! Why does he wish to speak with me? Did he learn about the magic or maybe I disrespected a friend of his and he wants to punish me?' The possibilities were endless and none of them ended good. Finally, comprehending the news I was given, I fainted.