Chapter 9 - It could get worse

Issabella's pov.

'Thank you; Stella, Emma, I am sorry to have bothered you and not told you the truth of who I am. I'm sure that you have other things that need your attention and will not take up any more of your time. I hope I can see you again soon.'

Noah and myself then left the room and he showed me the informal dinning room. I thought the day could only get better from here but how wrong I was.

Its so fancy! Not just the gold painted walls but the handcrafted chairs and table were beautifully made, then there were the chandeliers that were exquisite. Noah led me to the table, but he did not sit down instead he waited for me to sit down. After I sat he sat at the chair across from me, that's when I noticed the people who lined the walls gaping at me. Lovely, they saw the prince, there ruler waiting for me to sit before him! You do that for people who are in a higher station than themselves.

The Prince has been the ruler of both Everlasting and Neverlasting for years and no other kingdom is close to the power that we are, since he waited for me to sit its gonna get out that I am the Princess. This is bad, so much for making myself invisible.

The people lining the walls got to work once they got over the shock, putting silverware and more plats out, along with snow white napkins on our laps. Once they did that they bowed and went to the room we had just came from, another person came in through the door bowed and asked the prince what he would like, then turned to me.

He eyed my clothes with a frown, my clothes were simple compared to the Prince's, a nightgown dress that was still over the top and a pair of black flats. Before asking what I would like to eat.

Noah asked for a egg omelet with toast and fruit along with orange juice

Noah asked for a egg omelet with toast and fruit along with orange juice. I asked for 1 boiled egg and water. The person looked at Noah almost as if to confirm this is what I am getting, Noah gave a slight nod but his face showed worry.

"Is that all?" The person asked.
"Could you also bring a platter of fruit and... he looked at me, French toast," he finished.
He bowed, "of course, your highness." Then he left into a mysterious room I assume is the kitchen.

At last Noah and I are alone.

'What is going to happen now?'
"I don't know, what do you want to happen? When do you want to be introduced? When will the coronation be, your majesty?"
' Well I heard that the traditional way to be introduced is a ball, maybe we can try to do a ball soon? The coronation can be as soon as possible.'
"Of course, i can start all the arrangements if you would like?"
'what all is needed as the arrangements?'

Before he could answer a group of maids? came and delivered the food. It was so fancy, no simple setting it on the plate, no, it was set in patterns and looked wonderful.

 It was so fancy, no simple setting it on the plate, no, it was set in patterns and looked wonderful

We ate silently and the only movment heard was the maids clearing the plates and refiling the water. I finished before Noah since I only had an egg but I sat politely waiting for him to finish since he had much more food than me. He didn't seem to notice me once he got his food, he ate quietly but had huge bits that would not be considered proper if he was with company, especially someone in a higher station than himself. Rules of etiquette state than when with company higher than oneself small polite bites are required and if higher station person is done everyone is to be done. Though I doubt Noah would do this with anyone else, it still hurt to know I am so easily forgotten.

Almost on command Noah stopped eating and looked up at me. His body was frozen, his eyes wide, I heard the clatter of the silverware he had in his hands that snapped him out of his trance.
"Your still here, it wasn't a dream, I'm in for it now' I heard him mutter under his breath.